Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The superstylin what's on your mp3 player thread mixtape.

Poster: A snowHead
Following on from this thread I've done as much as I can on putting some of it together.
I just don't have the time to go any further with it so a few songs got binned along the way. Sad

31 tracks in 42 minutes, maybe I ruined your favorite tune, maybe it brings a smile to your face, I don't mind, was fun for me to do as a challenge as the tracklist was fairly restrictive and eclectic. I added my own tracks to some of it to help me on my way. For sure some key clashes and sloppy editing in there Laughing

Comments, abuse and death threats welcome.

Scooter - apache rocks the bottom - (countdown)
White Stripes -7 nation army
Grandmaster Flash - The message
UNKLE - Reign
Beastie Boys - Triple Trouble
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Blur - Song 2
Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way?
Faithless - Insomnia
Rammstein - Du Hast
Fannypack - The theme from Fannypack
AC/DC - Back in Black
Gossip - Standing in the way of control
Wildchild - Renegade Master
Jackson 5 - I want you back
Iron Maiden - Run to the hills
The Clash - Should I stay or should I go?
AC/DC - Whole lot of rosie
Beastie Boys - Super disco breakin
Beastie Boys - Body Moving
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
William Orbit - Pure shores
Beats International - Dub be good to me
Cocteau Twins - Lorelei
Jungle Brothers - What you waiting for?
Moby - We are all made of stars
Groove Armada - At the river
Orbital - Chime
M.I.A. - Boyz
Eric B and Rakim - I know you got soul
The League Unlimited Orchestra - Things That Dreams Are

Grab it from my blog, 42 minutes - 256k mp3
http://stabmeister.blogspot.com/2007/12/winter-mixtape.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The choice of songs look great. I usually just listen to hip hop, so with the different genres, but still having quite a hip hop presense (lol@ Vanilla Ice!) is good for me!!! I'm downloading now. Thanks!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what? no groove armada superstylin?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought about it and wanted to put it in but I just haven't time to spend on it anymore, unless you want to pay me a monthly salary and I can quit work Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2 lots of AC/DC and IronMaiden! Cool! Shame there wasn't any room/time for Metallica "Seek and Detroy"
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, Never heard of half (or more) of these I'll try anything once.....am downloading as I type.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
angelaclark wrote:
2 lots of AC/DC and IronMaiden! Cool! Shame there wasn't any room/time for Metallica "Seek and Detroy"

I tend to sample things though, if I let most rock songs play out the drummer normally can't keep time and it throws it all out.
The whole lot of rosie section is called a whole lot of beasties, couldn't think of anything else to do with it. Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
distinct shortage of Garth, Eagles and Shania so no good to me Confused Madeye-Smiley

Edit: Does anyone still actually record tracks onto tape? whaddabout mp3 techno mixing huh? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, nice work, squire.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Liking it mate Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
what's an mp3 player?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, Loving your handywork - good effort! snowHead Twisted Evil snowHead Intergalactic Planatory!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof, Whats hip hop Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gwaelod, music that involves dancing the hopscotch - pass the courvesoir wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
saxabar, I'll have a Shiraz. I'll ask the kids later they must play it. Laughing
latest report
needs motorhead - ace of spades.
snow report
stab, I've only listened to a bit of it so far thanks to major iPod malfunction, but I think it's really good. Wish I could use this for an aerobics class - would certainly liven them up a bit! I have to confess to being old, and thus recognising more of the AC/DC vintage than more recent tracks...but still like it.
snow conditions
Well I played it today. I think I'll donate a copy to my brother - it's right up his street I think. It's the sort of thing that DH wouldn't care for, but I sometimes find that the modern stuff grows on me. So what did I make of it.

It's quite frantic in places, and initially I thought not my 'cup of tea', but it kind of gets into your mind and I found myself toe tapping in many spots. A bit like 'pump up the volume' (I swear that was in there somewhere too - despite the claimed content above) did when it was in the charts - that sort of grew on me and I think this might too. I will probably play it when I'm in the house by myself so my parents don't think I've gone loopy, but I think it gets a cautious thumbs up in my camp.
snow conditions
Megamum, cool, glad you kind of enjoyed it. the hardest part for me was the tracklist, half those songs I would never have played but they were suggested in the thread I linked at the top.
snow report
stab, due to MP3 player issues I stuck it on a cd and listened to it while getting ready to go out last night although there's a lot on there I wouldn't normally listen too it works quite well and will go on the MP3 player when it's fixed. Cheers
snow report
I love it!!!
snow conditions
stab wrote:
the hardest part for me was the tracklist, half those songs I would never have played but they were suggested in the thread I linked at the top.
Really? I've just skimmed through that thread. and the only people to offer a list of tracks were you and Swirly.
Anyway, thanks for the download.

Your list is all rather "young". Decidedly Beaujolais Nouveau.
What we need is a more "mature" list.
I'll kick off with
Good Golly Miss Molly
by Little Richard (dig that groovy dancing Smile )
And will think on about the rest of the list
Any other wrinklies wanting to join in are more than welcome
snow conditions
Jonpim, don't tempt me.... how about Brown Eyed Girl by Van (the Man) Morrison for starters? I do have 4 Metallica tracks on my player, though not "seek and destroy". I raided my kids' CDs to find suitable tracks for skiing. I also have Bach's Jauchzet Frohlocket (Christmas Oratorio) which is simply fantastic for cruising down some nice red piste surrounded by mountains. And some Scissors Sisters is good, too. And "La Bamba"... I even confess to one Rod Stewart track. Oh, and Leftfield. Vivaldi. Manu Chao. Sinead O Connor. Monteverdi. Eclectic, my stuff. snowHead
ski holidays
I loved the whole of Brian May's Back to the Light album!! Esp. Everything I do is driven by you.

Summer of 69

Grease Lightening

Stay - the two girl singers - can't remember they're names

Black velvet - Alannah Miles

Music was my first love - Jon Miles

It's getting late - I may be back to add to this (no, this isn't a song before any smart alec says they've never heard of it!!).
snow report
[quote="Jonpim"]
stab wrote:
the only people to offer a list of tracks were you

no that was me compiling everyone's suggestions Smile
snow conditions
Megamum,
Quote:
Stay - the two girl singers - can't remember they're names

Wasn't that Lisa Loeb? Just one person.
snow conditions
Swirly, Megamum, I think it might be Shakespeare's Sister... also (and only) of "You're History" fame.....
ski holidays
Loved it. Both the old and the new. well done.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
God, I am old.
snow report
anybody know what happened to this mix? It's had over 18000 downloads Shocked That's a lot of F5 pushing.
ski holidays
C'mon folks????.....the obvious song that you're all missing is "On Her Majestys Secret Service" by The Propellerheads....the BEST skiing song EVER!!!

FACT!!!
ski holidays
AWESOME. Swap we are all made of stars for Extreme Ways and you have almost nailed it!
ski holidays
Biffy Clyro- Who's got a match? and I like that Maximo Park one "Our Velocity" but I think I may have to go for a beer after that.
snow report
ickabodblue, Try "Your Not Alone" by The Enemy or "Australia" by the Manic Street Preachers.

Rockin'
snow report
dazman, Will do..... can I go for another beer after them?
Had actually been thinking about the Enemy album and you've just convinced me. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
The Automatic - Monster ....especially when I'm wearing my fartbag! wink
snow report
ickabodblue, because of an advert (Panorama?) that song makes me think of Gordon Brown
ski holidays
Swirly, Now that is a monster!
ski holidays
Yup, it was shakespeare's sister that did 'Stay'

Have to say I've also been enjoying stuff by Nickleback recently too.

stab, I have to say that I be seriously impressed if something that I'd released had received so many downloads - I think you should give yourself a pat on the back - well done!!
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
stab, I have to say that I be seriously impressed if something that I'd released had received so many downloads - I think you should give yourself a pat on the back - well done!!

I've had more for other things wink , I just didn't promote this one, was suprised by the number.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy