Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bormio, Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im visiting in april for 1 week and wanted to know what the skiing was like for an intermediate(mostly reds and a few blacks) Also, what is the town like?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Town delightful. There was a serious snow-drought the year I was there (20+ degrees in Feb!) and there was very little open. Can't really comment on the skiing as a result. Not been back to Italy since! (That was 2001, I think)

It is a quaint and picturesque little town though.

snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skiing pleasant enough but quite limited - you will cover the resort in a few days. Having said that the mindset of most people going to Bormio is rather different from the typical French mileage muncher. The town as Chris Bish points out, is delightful. Very Italian - not very ski resorty. Might be worth taking a day trip to one of the neighbouring resorts like Santa Katerina.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The town is beautiful - very medieval. Don't miss the Roman baths (both the new and old are worth a visit). You can get a 6-day pass that works for both the lifts and the baths (they charge 1 day if you ski and 1 day if you go to the baths - you can do both on the same day but it will cost you 2 days from your pass). As an intermediate, I think you'll really enjoy the skiing. Yes, you will have covered the entire mountain pretty thoroughly by the second day but the runs are fun and extremely long. You should take the free bus to Santa Caterina, it's close and there is an amazing steak house at the top of the mountain in the nicest ski lodge that I have ever been in. Livigno is an hour bus ride and the bus is free if you have a Bormio welcome card. So, there are plenty of opportunities to ski different places. Enjoy!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much, a while to go but going to alpe d'huez in feb. So excited!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy