Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - Long Ladies Salopettes...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anywhere or any makes that do long ladies salopettes at all? I normally have to have a 34" inside leg for any jeans/trousers etc and it's making finding salopettes that aren't total half masts impossible...

I don't really want to end up getting a pair of mens if at all possible as they just don't fit the same at all.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received. I've just called Ellis Brigham's and they said they didn't have any at all and the only suggestion they could give me was that Helly Hanson used to do a pair that had adjustable leg lengths??

Thanks Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got these:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31285

But I'm guessing they are still a bit too short. I take a 30 inch leg in jeans but these are huge in length.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fallenangel, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I struggle to find any ladies that will fit me....however that is partly due to my waist size as well as the length Embarassed I ended up with mens Helly Hansen boarding trousers. It is a problem that I find generally as women's long is rarely >=32"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wear 34" jeans as well and have a pair of salopettes from M&S which are pretty long. I also have a pair of Icepeak ones and a pair of Salomon ones which are fine. I can never find "normal" trousers that are long enough but surprisingly haven't had any bother with salopettes. However I prefer the baggy look to tighter trousers and my salopettes just kind of ruffle over the top of my boots rather than stop at any exact point. I know my M&S ones are Ladies but not sure about the other 2, by the time you've got your jacket and other layers on I find you don't really notice how they fit at the waist and hips, I don't actually think its possible to get a pair that would be flattering and actually warm and comfortable to wear AND keep the snow out if you fall Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fallenangel, I have the same problem as you. I have some Eider ones that I got several years ago that are just about long enough (normally buy 36" leg jeans). However, I only found these by ringing up Snow and Rock and getting a very helpful lady at the end of the phone who was happy to go off with a tape measure and report back on the longest ones that they had available.
If you happen to find any others, I'd really like to know as my current ones are starting to get a bit skanky and, like you, don't really want to have to resort to blokes' ones
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
my eider ones are just long enough too.....the only others i have found that fit ok are peak performance ones although that has been trial and error on some of theirs but majority have been ok
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the help Smile

I actually ventured into TK Maxx last night on the off chance and about 10 pairs later (with some very dodgy look half masts in the process!!) I managed to find a pair of Trespass salopettes for £29.99 which is slightly less than I thought I'd end up having to pay which is a bonus.

They're not quite long enough but they're not flapping around my ankles which always helps Wink

Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

about 10 pairs later
sounds familiar. you have to set aside a chunk of your life to find stuff in T K Maxx. Am fed up with Christmas cooking - maybe I'll head over there this afternoon!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They had quite a lot of bits and pieces in, most of the salopettes they had left in the store I was looking in were 14/16 which didn't help but quite a lot of jackets/gloves/fleeces etc so worth a look. Most of the salopettes were all about £30 as well.

Have fun!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got some North Face ones this season. I am usually 32 inch and they are pretty long on me. These days I am classed as a grungy boarder so don't really mind them dragging!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy