Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

We're off to Selva for the first time on the 22nd!

Snow looks ok from the Webcams, could do with a bit more though I reakon, no signs of any on the forecasts though.

Can anyone fill me in on conditions on the ground, or any tips on the area?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm off to Ortisei,also in Val Gardena on the 30th Dec, No fresh snow recently, but they have very good snow making and temperatures are low so can make some more! Snow-forecast keeps predicting fresh snow but I don't see it on the cams or in the local reports! But a short trip over the border to Austria would deliver loads of powder I reckon!

AndyC, are you just there for the week?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 12-12-07 14:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah, a week from the 22nd.

agree that the forecasted snow never seems to arrive, still have hopes though before Christmas
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope it snows a lot more before next Jan 19th. If it doesn't the snow making there is really good. The report for the slopes are sounding good with the Sella Ronda open. snowHead

www.valgardena.it
Perfect slopes in Val Gardena!
Almost all lifts in Val Gardena are open and the slopes in perfect conditions.
Also the Sellaronda is open.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking good (lots of open pistes)from the snow reports/webcams etc. A lot of reported snow depth is probably artificial snow.
I guess you won't be doing much off-piste though unless there's a big dump. They do wonders with snowmaking/ piste grooming in the Dolomites and they do their damnedest to keep the sella ronda open the whole season so don't worry about not being able to enjoy yourself.
Just pray for some fresh natural snow while you're there to improve the surface you're actually skiing on, even an inch makes a difference.
You will enjoy the awesome scenery, the plentiful mountain restaurants and a sense of travelling on skis as you ski from village to village never having to do the same run twice. To my mind it's a compelling combination.

Try this thread for some more info:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32476&highlight=
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowdepths in Selva are currently about 50% below-average.

Like most of Italy, it has missed out on the recent snowfalls.

But, due to good piste maintenance and snowmaking, roughly 95% of all the lifts are open today. Temps are cold. It looks fine.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy