Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should we split BZK's into 2 sections?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, Nothing wrong with asking dumb questions (in fact I make a habit of it) but some of the more 'technical' answers can get more than a little convoluted on BZK wink

I'm suggesting a thread where 'simple' questions (and not necessarily limited to skiing technique) could be given 'simple' answers that do not degenerate (or should that be 'escalate') into debates on the meaning of terms between experts. (Those can remain and continue to provide fascinating reading on BZK) snowHead

My suggested thread title would be 'The Green Run'. Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I must admit, if a question has already been answered satisfactorily in BZK I rarely post, but when I do post I try and keep it as simple and unambiguous as possible.

It's certainly the case that its often hard to make a sensible contribution to posts without being able to see the problem being described. More video would help instructors give meaningful feedback.

As for "How to Ski" v "How Skiing Works" my experience if that for many people they go hand in hand. Understanding "How Skiing Works" ( or better, "How Ski's Work" ) helps them learn "How to Ski". Perhaps it's more a case of matching the detail to where people are in their learning.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, it would be nice to think that such basics do not need pointing out.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, I need to point them out to myself at times, so maybe it's worth reminding everyone.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, I just feel that if someone is rude or beligerent they shouldn't get anything back, total silence, nothing. You should just skip that post as if it weren't there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AxsMan, Awesome idea, split it into four sections, Green, Blue, Red and Black thus each colour would be understood by the respective readers. I really like the idea.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, BZK now = Black. Blue's and reds are for interf*ckinmediates and we don't want any more of them round here do we wink

The green run would be a place for newbies (like many of us were/are) to ask simple question and get simple answers. like:

Should I buy my boots on ebay? (ans: only if that's where you got your feet)

How 'fat' should my skis be (ans: don't worry about if for at least three years)

Which is the best resort for beginners (ans: Depends where you live, either Milton Keynes or Leeds whichever is nearer).

NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
P.S. For the avoidance of doubt, I always enjoy the ski-pros discussions, although I couldn't claim to understand the finer points of most of them. Embarassed Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AxsMan wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, BZK now = Black. Blue's and reds are for interf*ckinmediates and we don't want any more of them round here do we wink

The green run would be a place for newbies (like many of us were/are) to ask simple question and get simple answers. like:

Should I buy my boots on ebay? (ans: only if that's where you got your feet)

How 'fat' should my skis be (ans: don't worry about if for at least three years)

Which is the best resort for beginners (ans: Depends where you live, either Milton Keynes or Leeds whichever is nearer).

NehNeh

we would also need a forum for discussing the correct classification of questions rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ickabodblue wrote:
Couldn't we just ignore the posts we don't like?

Well, I can and do! (But, in general, there's about as much chance of that happening on here as there is of world peace Laughing .)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy