Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know what will happen on 17th?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now, I know how much you all just love looking at forecast models so figured some of you could help me out. I shall be departing the nationalist sespool that is England back to the beer-ridden Germany on the 17th and seeing as the car I got is probably the worst car out there in snowy conditions... I was wondering if there will be any snow falling? I'll be going Eng->France->Belgium->North Germany - mid/south Germany.

It's -3 in Norwich atm... wheres the snow Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timmaah, Try changing this 10 day forecast for Bourg st Maurice to a town in Germany
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/FRXX0142?par=OAP&site=COLDH&code=null
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't believe your car can be as bad as mine in snow. I still have big fat wide low profile summer tyres (illegal now when snowy I think), and a turbo charger that goes "woohoo - get lost traction control!" when the roads get a bit dicy. I have to go to work by Strassenbahn if more than 0.5cm falls.

The current story that Metcheck is making up for here is that it will be clear skies and rather cold (subzero), but they'll change the story by the morning.

(Currently praying that there's no snow on 23rd when I drive that journey the other way around)
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Timmaah, cold, dry, possibly some horrible freezing fog etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy, low-profile summer tyres as well Very Happy

I checked the yahoo weather earlier, and its got snow forecasted for sunday but I admit, we are still a bit off so thins could change. It's -4 at 10am in Norwich atm... :/

Oh F***, checked that weather site out now... It's got snow forecasted ALL of next week in the Frankfurt centre, which hardly ever gets snow so I'm guessin I'll be in for a long drive...
latest report
 brian
brian
Timmaah, I don't know where they're getting their forecast from but it is not going to snow in Frankfurt on Monday (barring the all time greatest 5 day turnaround in weather modelling history!).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't believe Metcheck etc. for more than 2-3 days in the future. I only trust it for the current day or next day, to give an approximate time of when I should go out mountain biking to avoid the rain (or snow).
When snowing along that route (I'm assuming Calais-Brussels-Liege-Köln-Frankfurt), it's only the Belgian section where I've had issues. Like road being cleared, but not the deceleration zone entering the services near Spa Shocked
For Monday, I'd be more concerned about the traffic and speed cameras around Köln, and not snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy