Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2006 Olympics -- which resorts skiable?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're trying to plan our trip to Olympics (US ticket requests taken starting today) and we hope to stay at one of the 4 resorts with Alpine events (Sauze, San Sicario, Sestriere, or Bardonecchia) but haven't been able to find out whether any or all will have any slopes open for public skiing. Anyone know ? This will be my 4th winter Olympics combining skiing and watching events so I want to make the best of both. Thanks,
Jill
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jillmeichner, sorry I can't help but Welcome to snowHeads snowHead !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads jillmeichner.

Don't know a definite answer to your question, but if the Olympics run anything like the world cup, then some runs in the resort will be open, but it will be quite limited. It might be worth considering hiring a car and staying in Turin itself.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jillmeichner,
As above I don't know the answer to your question, but I have skied the area. Sauxe Sansicario and Sestriere are all part of a very big ski area and I would of thought it unlikely they would all be closed.

Out of these I would stay in Sansicario as you can get to the rest of the area most easily. Cesana Torinese is another place worth considering in the valley directly below Sansicario and accessible by lift with ready access to the rest of the Via Lattea and a short distance to Bardonecchia by car.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks T Bar !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take care about your choice of accommodation. Italian hotels vary widely in quality. The hotel I used in Sauze d'Oulx was the worst I've ever stayed in (can't recall its name!). www.goski.com might be worth checking for recommendations, and you might also find hotel tips from users of www.ifyouski.com, in its resorts section.

Two long-running guidebooks published in the UK carry resort and accommodation advice - 'Where to Ski' and 'The Good Skiing Guide'. You may find these in the States with a bit of rooting around. Good luck, and have a good time - skiing in Italy can be well worthwhile!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David, it must have been the Grand Palais, a truly awful place.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy