Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiwear for the larger male

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firstly I'm not sure if there is any forum etiquette that I'm ignoring by coming on this forum as a newbie and posting questions immediately so for that I apologise.

So now I've doffed my cap, so to speak, I'd like to ask for advice.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some ski trousers that are likely to fit me.

I'm 6'2" so it's not leg length that's the issue it's waist size. I'm going to need something around 46-48" waist as I stand in at a rather impressive 146kg's.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there,

I'm a bit of a beginner myself so I'm sure if anyone else has advice it will likely supercede mine.... however I am somewhat larger than the assumed maximum snowboarder size (36" waist seems to be XL in some brands!) and have been looking for ski pants recently.

In the end I got some XXL columbia from TK Maxx, though I'm not sure I saw anything up to 46" waist while I was there, if you live near a large store, give it a go! I had also noted that Decathalon seem to stock cheap trousers up to 3 or 4 xl if thats any use?

Enjoy your skiing!

Pete
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chunkytfg, welcome to snowHead s.

There is a "sticky" at the top of Equipment Reviews/Questions all about buying kit but think that peter.holland's advice is good. There is at least one other snowHead who has admitted to being a similar weight (D G Orf) so hopefully he will be along with more definite advice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chunkytfg, welcome to the site, wouldnt diet advice be better??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
graeme, no - he probably skis on proper length skis so doesn't need to! Toofy Grin

chunkytfg, welcome to snowHeads !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother, if he dont find some proper waist pants he wont be on any size skis
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know graeme, there appears to be an honourable snowHeads tradition of naked skiing!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother, please dont say any more, active imagination here, and it certainly dont need them pictures running around in it
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maier sport make ski pants upto 6XL.
Their sizing system is strange:
ie:
size 64 would be a 48" waist in a regular leg length I think?

http://www.maier-sports.de/groessen.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chunkytfg, welcome to SH's try Beans of Bicester www.beansonline.co.uk they do up to 8XL in a couple of styles
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
do a search for White Rock. They provide ski wear for the more cuddly variety of skier and the quality isnt bad either.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And one more into the mix, surfanic do a 6XL. http://www.surfanic.com/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd just like to thank everyone for there suggestions.

In my stocking for christmas I found a lovely pair of new White rock sallopetes which fitted bang on and worked perfectly when it was decided that it would be rude to not try them as we were celebrating Xmas 15 miles from Xscape(snodome).

So today i spent my first ever 2 hours on real snow and my first time on skis for nearly 14 years and it was just like riding a bike. Okay it might have been a wobbly bike but ridden it was so to speak!!

All set now for the end of january when i fly out with myself the missus and the 2 kids to Flaine to enjoy 10 days on the white stuff.

Wohoo!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chunkytfg, enjoy yourself in flaine, i loved the place
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy