Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Supposed video of bad skiing

Poster: A snowHead
slikedges, I'd be very surprised if Helluvaskier had many(if any) PSIA lessons.... IIRC he is a student from the racing area...

You lot may want to consider that in effect you guys threw the first stone by making fun of his friend's name (Double Diamond223) when I attempted to welcome the kid....

Maybe this is a case of reaping what you sow?

snowheads making nasty comments = fun
others making snide remarks = arrogant, pompous, etc etc,
Puzzled

What happened to the self deprecating humour you lot are famous for? Wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
little tiger, I believe HeluvaSkier is not a HelluvaSpeller wink

btw, self deprecating is only funny when the "self" bit is actually present. Good luck with your continuing voyage into our cultural mores. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, so why do you lot think it funny to get a large group of you and pick on a lone soul again? Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
little tiger, I resent the accusation that I am picking on someone as part of a group, especially a concerted campaign to attack someone. My comments are only in response to the criticism aimed, in general and specifically, at me. What other people think or say is entirely up to them, but it does not change what I say.
snow report
 brian
brian
little tiger, if I take myself out onto the main street outside my office just now and call the first 10 passers by I meet a shower of ladies' bottoms, would you expect their reactions to be wildly at variance or much the same ? Would you think it's likely they'd all got together as a group and waited for me to arrive or just be reacting as individuals ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brian, i'll quote myself from earlier, when we were told by the ever-gregarious LT that Brits can't ski...

Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
rob@rar, of course not! Stop picking on her!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
little tiger, for "self-deprecation" we have kindly substituted "humilty". Sadly it hasn't caught on in some areas of the world.
latest report
 brian
brian
Wear The Fox Hat, careful. It's only a short step from quoting yourself to referring to yourself in the 3rd person you know !

Frosty the Snowman, indeed, and our spelling is just as shite as our skiing. Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, Oh thats it. Go on, bully me, pick on me, beat me, spank me, yes and those nasty little nipple clamps ...please. .. please
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, if I had a sock puppet that would be easy to do!

Now, everyone, stop ganging up on her, or we'll have Fastman telling us how ghastly we are, and how everything that is wrong with the world is the fault of the British and Irish.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, watch out, or you'll be in for a knee-capping!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, if the laundry is being aired I have a confession.

I found Fastman to be quite a nice and seemingly genuine guy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I found Fastman to be quite a nice and seemingly genuine guy.

Ditto, and a cogent writer as well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, I believe he is a genuine guy, just made a couple of posts recently that didn't seem to be from his usual self.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HeluvaSkier, if you're still out there, FWIW I think it's a shame you've not got as warm as reception as most snowHead 's seem to. But I have to say it's also not really a surprise - you made an initial mistake by publicly misattributing the source of a particular video, which you went on to castigate quite harshly. A bit lazy on your part, perhaps, not to have bothered checking the provenance of the film before you laid into it, but hardly a hanging offence. Easily remedied as well, all you had to do was admit your mistake and 'nuff said.

I read your post though, and it sounded to me as if you were saying it was entirely the other guy's fault for having given you the wrong information - not your responsibility to have checked - and anyway it was an understandable mistake to make because the British are known to be poor skiers. I can see quite clearly, and I hope you can too, how that would reduce the love you might expect to receive from British skiers in general -- and especially from British ski instructors. Surely you didn't mean to imply that they're less qualified as instructors simply because they're from Britain? That would be a bigoted and imbecilic thing to think.

Then of course you've come on here and had a go at people for discussing comments you'd put in the public domain yourself AND alienated almost everybody else who might have stuck up for you on these boards by calling snowHeads a "circus" and issuing indiscriminate assertions like "you guys are pathetic". A lot of us like it here! (even if we are - ahem - not in fact skiers, but snowboarders, and terrible ones at that)

little tiger's absolutely right, it IS a case of reaping what you sow.

Now, perhaps if you'll come back and allow that you might have come across as a teensy bit self-important, we can admit that we might have been a bit quick to have a go too, and might have taken a couple of cheap shots at your good name Embarassed and we can all get back to playing nicely?
snow report
little tiger wrote:
Maybe this is a case of reaping what you sow?

This is my candidate for post of the year. Perhaps post of the century. I don't think that I've ever seen a contribution to snowHeads that is quite so insightful into someone's failings. Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
little tiger, I have never seen any self-deprecation from you. I believe I have seen you slag other people off, and then claim victim status when they or any one else responds in the same fashion. You seem to think that people are either totally with you or totally against you. At times people who are otherwise hugely respected on this forum such as fastman and CSJ have come to support you in a manner which to many looks clumsy and as if it was requested by you, where it would have been way better if you could have just said what you felt yourself. Set against this perhaps new snowHeads who are so warmly welcomed by you are treated with some suspicion?

However if you cannot see why the mickey is being taken out of Heluvato$$er, and where he got things wrong, there is probably little point in discussiong this any further. snojito has it exactly right.

Anyway - I am off skiing - in the US - and will have lessons - because I am a Brit skier who needs to improve. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
wow, why are people so @rsie in this section? Shocked
ski holidays
wanna make something of it... :Wink:
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy