Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Supposed video of bad skiing

Poster: A snowHead
brian, What? Even me? Shocked Oh goody snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chaps - you are taking seiously the posts of someone with the sense of self-deprecation and irony to call himself HeluvaSkier whose comments were posts on a forum which seems to me to be devoted to the deification of one man and his approach to sking?

Lets move on.

My experience of US and Canadian teachers is almost unversally positive. I think the North Americans are often, but not always better skiers than UK skiers. I think their ski schools are often better organised and better at meeting pupils expectations than traditional European ones.

However - looking at the news today - listening to the rest of the world's views is not necessary an attribute generally found in the USA Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 brian
brian
ickabodblue, especially you Little Angel

stoatsbrother, HeluvaSkierButDoesn'tDoHumility may come across a bit moody but it's probably just his time of the month (think about it). wink

Frosty the Snowman to be a ski nation again implies you've been one in the first place. wink Never mind, you've had one more ski jumper in olympic competition than we've ever had. Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stoatsbrother, listening to the views of the majority of their own population would be a start. Twisted Evil

All I've found myself wondering about this chap is - which Skier does He Luv? Little Angel
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoatsbrother, Yo da man!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Thanks - can I invite you to be a disciple on my new forum unrealskiers.com ?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 12-12-07 12:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother wrote:
can I invite you to be a disciple on my new form unrealskiers.com ?

Where do I sign up?

Thanks for putting my sense-of-humour failure last night into context Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm going to put a stop to this argument and make my own video which I guarantee will include the worst demos ever !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
krunchie63, What, worse than the WTFH one Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
...I am confused again...which video is that ? I will do my best to make one that is even more laughable. Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
krunchie63, this one

Two vids at the start, and another near the end, where I'm in new boots. It's worth reading through for all the input from the instructors, and the positive comments. Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, but even I can notice the huge improvement from 1 to 2
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
....Aha...I see what you mean...mmm..it will be a challenge but I might just be able to find the right candidate to stand in for me....alternatively if anyone can get video of any BASI instructor training (grade 3 as it was)....they are always good for a grin...mine was, everyone's is...evn my grade 2 has plenty of funny moments....especially the sunglare that reflected of my shaven bald head in one demo that virtually blinded the camera...consequently it distracted the examiner and I sneaked through !!! Anyway, I want to stand up for recreational british skiers...even though I am not entirely british....I think the standard of skiers who come on holiday for a week or 2 a year is very high compared with holiday makers from the rest of europe (apart from those who are able to ski at the weekends of course)...in my experience (I work independently now but have worked for the ESF and Arlberg skischool) the majority of ski schools customers are british...I like teaching british skiers...they understand my jokes and believe me when I tell them that I fell over deliberately as part of my demonstration that skiing is all about balance and recovery and havin' a larrfff.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Disappointed its all died down I was going to suggest that the only way to resolve it would be a ski off encompassing all aspects of skiing.

Snowheads could vote for our team to take on the Realskiers at various disciplines including skiing, arsing around, taking the wee wee and jagermeister. We could even raise funds from an appeal to our respective cult members wink

So if they employed the Harb we could maybe counter with one of our bash veterans wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob wrote:
So if they employed the Harb we could maybe counter with one of our bash veterans wink

Charlatanefc v. the Harb? Excellent!
latest report
fatbob, Can I be in the jagermeister team ? Cool
latest report
fatbob, 24 hours of Jagermeister team, I'm in for the training sessions at least.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd like to volunteer for the Jager team too.

...and can we have a spelling contest?
snow report
While we're spelling is Hexengeist correct, and if so, that would be an even better team.
ski holidays
Wow. Some people are so desperate to demonstrate their technical perfection (on the internet, hah! rolling eyes) that they make learning to ski seem like some sort of punishment... glad I'm a boarder, so I just have to be 'sick' all the time. Sounds unpleasant but that's what the pros are always recommending wink Anyway, rumour has it that some people get on the slopes for the pure fun of it - 24 days til I'm one of them again! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
snow conditions
Shallimus, yep - but if you guys roll a spliff wrong or sit at the edge of the piste instead of the middle you totally lose credibility....

Fun starts in 4 days for me! woooootooooooooo.
snow report
Folks....please take a Chill pIll and remember Rule 1 in Ski Instruction:

No-one disses The Harbinacious one or his disciples.
ski holidays
Shallimus, The thread was absolutely BOUND to cause trouble on here and it duly did. Luckily most people eventually realised that some of the remarks emanating from non-British skiers were too crass to be bothered with, and moved on. I learned something, though: Britain and Denmark are probably not the greatest skiing nations on earth and this just might have something to do with the paucity of mountains in both places. Duh. Why didn't I think of that?
snow report
I'm sure that Harald would be amused to hear that you people consider me to be one of his disciples...

I do find it amusing that you only discredit information based on where it is coming from - regardless of the validity of the information that is being presented. Does everyone here get such a warm welcome to your club?

Quick - get back into your circle and go at it.
ski holidays
Sorry, but I can't take anyone who's insecure enough to have to stroke his own ego by giving himself a name like that seriously. What a dick.
snow report
Kramer,

You're a moderator of this circus? Poor. Very poor. You guys are pathetic. Ever wonder why you are all terrible skiers? This thread is a pretty good example. Now in true form, get back into your circle and start stroking each other.
snow report
HeluvaSkier,
Quote:

you are all terrible skiers
Where is your evidence for that? That's the sort of comment I meant when I last posted. It's silly, and it would be silly wherever you came from. I am not a chauvinist, I merely used the expression 'non-British' as shorthand for 'some of those who have posted anti-British skier remarks.' But perhaps you expect everyone on here to be a professional skier? That too would be a silly expectation. There are in fact quite a few snowHeads who are not terrible skiers, many of whom pursue other demanding professions as their 'day' jobs - including Kramer.
snow conditions
ESOB Video - seen it? There isn't a good turn on the whole thing in either run - not one. IMO, it is pretty poor when a moderator of your site is personally attacking a moderator of another site that is SUPPOSED to have good relations with this one. I have been a member here for a long time (reading) and began posting when my former coach was posting over here. This thread and how I was treated as a result of a screen name that I have been using for years on multiple sites is pretty uncalled for an reflects poorly on everyone here. Like I said, if this is how you treat all new comers I feel pretty bad for them.

So now that I have said my part, call your troops on me to attack, harass, and do whatever you do best over here (certainly isn't learning anything).

Later

Greg
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HeluvaSkier wrote:
Like I said, if this is how you treat all new comers I feel pretty bad for them.

Not many newcomers visit the site to rubbish the skiing of a large number of posters here, or to damn an entire nation of recreational skiers. In fact I think you are probably the only one to have done that rolling eyes

But thank you for confirming my earlier comments which I had begun to think were a little bit harsh. I can now rest more easily at night.

To$$er.
latest report
HeluvaSkier, we may indeed all be terrible skiers - you will never know - but we have fun doing it and know our limitations.

You - on the other hand - do not seem to be aware what a pompous twit you are - are you enjoying being one? How's that working for you? Toofy Grin
snow report
HeluvaSkier wrote:
Now in true form, get back into your circle and start stroking each other.

I've read his favourite forum from time to time and I suspect that heluvaskier will completely miss the irony in his insult Laughing
ski holidays
rob@rar, stoatsbrother, Hurtle, Kramer, and the rest of you:

People....Rule 1....remember Rule 1.

Little Angel
snow report
rob@rar, Laughing perhaps we should form a circle and shoot the locals.

HeluvaSkier, The EoSB introduced lots of folks to the joys and benefits of good instruction. It also introduced us to a very nice countryman of yours, a credit to your nation - Steve Hultquist. I would never diss your little get togethers and feel no need to defend our little get togethers either as the success and the enthusiasm for them speaks volumes. I have seen the ESA videos for the recent 2 seasons and am amazed that there is only video of expert/ very pro skiers. Were there no other category of skiers present? At snowheads every standard of skier has of equal value.

I would love to ski your side of the pond, but am worried about what type of a reception I would get for not having a good turn in me. At least I am assured of a warm welcome in the cheese eating surrender monkey resort of La Rosiere

Keep the faith brother.
snow report
Arent the americans the best at everything ?

The World Series - they win that EVERY year.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

HeluvaSkier, welcome to snowHeads
ski holidays
Quote:
Shallimus, yep - but if you guys roll a spliff wrong or sit at the edge of the piste instead of the middle you totally lose credibility....

stoatsbrother, oh, the shame of being caught by a fellow sick shredding dude committing either of these totally wack snow pas! wink

Back on topic: as I said earlier in this thread: like many other people here I go to the mountain to have fun. I ride around with people who are technically far more gifted than me, but I've never met anyone quite like HeLuvASkier on the mountain. Rather than sharing useful insight, he seems bent on using the power of the internet to make a fool of himself from thousands of miles away. Ah, the marvels of modern technology. What an age we live in!

HeluvaSkier, don't suppose you'd care to post a link to a video of yourself skiiing so that the Danish skiers with poor technique who infest this board can reap the benefits? Of course, you'll just look like another skier to me. You won't want my advice, but I'll give you my "2 steps to success" plan anyway:
1. Get a snowboard wink
2. See 1
ski holidays
Shallimus, excellent steps to success plan. Laughing
latest report
Shallimus, Dude... Respect Cool
snow report
Shallimus, I dont care if you board or ski, are good or bad, black or white, Swedish or Danish....... as long as you have fun and respect the safety of others wink
snow conditions
I have fun at the EoSB. I ski ok for a brit. When I go to Canada it becomes fairly obvious to me that my skills are mediocre at best. I can live with that. Fortunately I have an interesting and rewarding life outside skiing to see me through the dark days of self doubt when I realise that my stance shows some A framing of my lower legs.

Regards

Helluvadoc wink Laughing
snow conditions
HeluvaSkier, Remember, it's not all perfect over there either. We're just a bunch of keen skiers having a natter. We don't pretend to represent good skiing and we don't presume to represent the local standard. There are 8000 members here. Why so harshly criticise a video of a small group of friends skiing together?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy