Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On my last trip back in April I realised that one of the brakes on one binding on my 07 Atomic SL9s has broken.
Basically the plastic plate above the brakes has broken (the plastic has snapped off just below the brake meaning that the brake is no longer attached properly on one side. Having just had a good look at the brake on the other side of the ski, it seems that its about to fail as well (and the other ski seems to be suffering from a similar problem although not actually broken yet.) I think this is probably the point where a picture speaks a thousand words so here is a photo…
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3766/bindingjc1.jpg
Anyway, given they are going to be getting a fair bit of use this season I would really like to get them fixed before I head off to Canada on Jan 14th (the last thing I want to be worrying about on the first day of my trip is fixing skis!)

Now for the question...
I have a pair of bindings at home from a (broken) 2006 SL9, they look pretty similar (but that’s about where my knowledge of bindings ends!) I was wondering if should they turn out to be the same binding, would it be a simple job (ie something which can be done with the sort of tools in an average tool kit) to take the brake unit off the old bindings and fit it onto the skis current binding. (Alternatively should the 2 years skis have different bindings, buy a new set of brakes that match the 2007 binding and fit them at home.)
Or does re fitting the binding require glue etc, and generally more work that is easily done at home?

Annoyingly I brought the skis in the UK at my then local ski shop, however that was back when I was at Uni so that shop is now hundreds of miles away and not really an option to go and ask for help. I kind of wish i had gone and got them to fix them back in April, but Finals and Dissertation etc kind of got in the way!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is a diy job IMHO. What is the binding model?
The bindings should have a five year guarrantee as you bought them from new.Take it up with the binding manufacturer as there seems to be a plastic fatigue issue rather than misuse or lack of care.?
It would probably be easier to replace them in resort as ski shops often have a spares bin and usually will fit them for the price of a large beer in my experience.
Spyderjon Knows best Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
should be a fairly simple job to change them if they are the same model of binding, being as they are pretty new you should find that the manufacturer would replace the part under warranty [assuming the damage is not caused by impact, difficult to tell from photo]

i would take them to your local atomic dealer and explain that you bought them when you lived somewhere else, the fact you bought them in the UK is a benefit, IME most dealers will try to help you out, where are you based now and we can find you a local dealer who can help

hedley, not sure about Atomic, but not ALL bindings have a 5 year warranty, and the damage shown could be construed as impact.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, will give that a try.

Dont suppose anyone knows who would be the nearest Atomic dealer to Buckingham?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+ Neox brakes are cheaper and easier to swap than the racentrix
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the_fatadder, that would be Beans of Bicester, speak to Christopher, and explain the situation

if you have any problems give me a shout
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers, will head over there tomorrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy