Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Depart Feb 23/ 24 - where should I go for something unusual

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was MEANT to be going to Breckenridge but other members of my group have stuffed up their holiday allocation. That means myself and Mrs Zammo need a new place to go (we're only going for a week now so cross-Atlantic too far IMO).

Would like to try somewhere a bit off the beaten track, so, other than La Rosiere ( snowHead passim) and Resort X any suggestions for a European destination a little out of the ordinary?

Cheers,

Zammo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zammo, somewhere other than France, which will be stuffed - French school holidays!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Greece? Plane to Athens, then train to Kalavrita where there's a host of hotels, ski shops and access to the mountain. Certainly different.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
zammo, dunno how unusual you mean ? I quite fancy giving eng_ch's place at Laax a try at some point.

www.ski-laax.com
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zammo, consider baqueira beret in the spanish pyrenees with ski miquel, or another of the pyrenean resorts - you can fly luton - toulouse if you fancy DIY
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A Lebanese colleague told me they've got ski resorts in the Lebanon...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree with nbt Zammo.

Why not try the Pyrenees (flights into either Toulouse or Pau) where you can ski a number of resorts in one week. We include a Ski Safari option which takes in Baqueira Beret (it is superb), Superbagneres our own resort, Peyragudes which is only 15 minutes away and either St Lary Soulan or Le Mourtis. If you are interested in a catered chalet that is close (100 meters) to the main avenue with its bars, shops and restaurants then drop me a line.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the suggestions, all.

tommy10pages, I was hoping to avoid likely war zones, but I'd love to ski through cedars one day!

nbt and Ski Guide, good idea. I'll look into that. I'm thinking all that jamon and brebis cheese might make for a good route to requiring new ski pants!

Jane L, Greece? That's just the sort of thing that appeals to me. Persuading Mrs. Zammo might be more of a challenge ....

Anyone been skiing in Russia?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Japan? Not much further than Russia...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zammo, Russia? I think Russia has a lot or potential, but I read an article in The Times (I think) some time back and there were problems of unexpected hitches in travel arrangements that needed significant amounts of extra money to sort out. If you see what I mean. wink

But if you are thinking of Eastern Europe, then an artlcle in Thelondonpaper from 30th October may interest you: Skiing in Eastern Europe.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Go to Japan.

The people rock. The resorts rock. The snow rocks. Easily doable in a week.

Forget Russia. Too much hassle for too little reward.

Sierra Nevada, Europe's most southerly station, is another (less exciting) option.

Voss, up north in Norway, is another.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If North America is too far, then I dare say that Japan and Russia (think of the internal travelling necessary) are out of the question, too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ami in berlin wrote:
If North America is too far, then I dare say that Japan and Russia (think of the internal travelling necessary) are out of the question, too.

Not so for Japan. There's no more "internal travel" than in N. America.

N.America: 8/9 hour flight time/jetlag. Resorts mostly 2/3 hours away from airport, by car or shuttle, weather dependent.
Japan: 6 hour time difference. Maybe another hour of internal flight, easily bookable. Resorts also 2-3 hours away from airport, by train that are never late.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy