Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginners boots - how much movement is too much?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oh no, I think I'm falling in to this skiing lark hook line and sinker. Whilst I was at MK this week I did the shuffle along thing whilst queuing for the poma. As I went to lift my skis weight off the ground to shuffle them forward I noticed that my heels were leaving the base of my boot. Given that we don't ski along in that position is this something to be expected (do all boots do it?) or is it an indication that there is bit too much volume in the boot? If so is there a simple solution to this, i.e. a thicker insole - the boots are quite new and I don't really want to replace them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, as i said to you at MK a while back your boots are a little on the big side, you could try a volume reducer insole in the bottom, below the liner to take up a little space, or if rquired some foam padding round the heels ro snug them up

to make your own volume reducer, get a peice of vinyl cuhion floor [carpet shop samples are great] and cut a peice to the size of the base of the inner boot... place in shell , make sure it does not ride up round the sides .. replace liner and ski

if you don't want to make one give me a call and i will send you some

as for heel padding ..best have this made properly for you
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, Thanks - I'll see what I can find round here initially, if I get no joy I'll get back to you. We have all sorts of lumps of floor covering round here, as well as some nice bits of fairly solid rubber flooring bought for animal sheds - I'll play around until I find something that gives me the right sort of thickness. I should be able to make a template out of some paper and once I get a pair cut it should be fairly simple to replicate any number.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy