Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia Transfer from Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

My wife and I are going for a 2 night trip sans kids in February. Flights booked and accommodation in place. All good and looking forward to it.

Small problem - the hotel (Hermitage , anyone stayed there?) has offered a return transfer at 200E per person per way ie 800E for us!

I have done a little www reasearch and the cheapest is coming in at around £400 for us.

Am I missing something?

Anyone got any better suggestions?

I am ***t scared of driving in snow and the thought of snow chains (which to me look like metal macrame) does little for me UNLESS its an easy drive. Is it?

Any assistance appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi,

I only know that the bus down to the valley is infrequent but joins up with the one to Turin.

I ended up getting a taxi down to the valley and that was expensive... ISTRC 65 eu...!!!! for about 32kms.

If you are talking about £400, then you have to get a car. It will take all the strain out of things and the drive up is long and twisty and narrow in a few places but nothing to worry about. I have done it with decent snow falling and it didn't need chains..however, they are always a possibilty but don't/shouldn't take long to fit.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The drive is relatively straightforward. I am afraid the public transport is disjointed and everyone else takes advantage. Driving is the answer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi wrote:
the thought of snow chains (which to me look like metal macrame) does little for me

Snow chains are really no prob. Even a girlie can fit those Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Leuzzi,

When I was there last March it snowed all day on the day we left and they kept the road down to the valley clear of snow - nobody had chains on....

Have you got a tom-tom sat nav or similar? They are very useful for trips like that...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy