Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the difference between RX4 and RX6?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For an intermediate predominently piste skier?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Fisher RX skis are best suited for piste skiing. Probably price is the main difference- the RX4 is meant to be a bit easier to ski than the RX6 - the RX6 is aimed at intermediate/advanced if I remember correctly. The RX 8 which is a very good ski is the next one above the RX6.

Demo them if you can but if you are intermediate I don't think you would have any problems with the RX6.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Sage

The RX4 is quite easy to get hold of at low cost from Bilek but can't find RX6's anywhere in the 165 size.

As they are the same dimensions, I just wondered if there is a significant difference in their performance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NewSkier, you had to go and do it rolling eyes wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NewSkier, I just have to agree - I'd just opened this thread to write the self same thing - its just logical isn't it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Matthew Way wrote:
Thanks Sage

The RX4 is quite easy to get hold of at low cost from Bilek but can't find RX6's anywhere in the 165 size.

As they are the same dimensions, I just wondered if there is a significant difference in their performance.

This may help:

Quote:
Manufacturer's Description of the Fischer RX4 FTI:

"This 68mm waisted ski is a definite confidence builder. The RX4 features a new construction and sidecut to better address torsional control and edge grip, while not losing its ‘star status’ performance for most intermediates. It shares a sidecut with the RX6, but its flex is geared down to the more casual skier looking to conquer those blue square slopes."

Manufacturer's Description of the Fischer RX6 FTI:

"Scaling down the sidecut from its big brother, the RX6 continues to be one of the most popular models. This ski is the answer for those who like to carve a softer, slightly more forgiving ski. The diagonal woven AirCarbon layer helps with the torsional and longitudinal flex characteristics of the ski."

snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elizabeth B wrote:
NewSkier, you had to go and do it rolling eyes wink

Sorry, just feeling playful! I do actually find the question interesting. Having said I would NOT buy skis, I am finding myself starting to take an interest in different skis, but am totally overwhelmed by the vast range, many of which seem the same to me.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NewSkier, it's okay....it's just that I'd been so good restraining myself from posting exactly that wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The RX4 is quite easy to get hold of at low cost from Bilek but can't find RX6's anywhere in the 165 size

Ellis Brigham have them in 165 as I was ogling a pair in one of their stores just last week!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy