Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's World Cup downhill results from Aspen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Alessandro Trovati
Britt Janyk (Canada) won the women's downhill at the World Cup race in Aspen today in a time of 1:14.17. Two Austrians, Marlies Schild (Austria) and Renate Goetschl, came in 2nd and 3rd. Chemmy Alcott came in 25th....
1. JANYK Britt (Canada) 1:14.17
2. SCHILD Marlies (Austria) 1:14.59
3. GOETSCHL Renate (Austria) 1:14.63
25. Chemmy Alcott (Great Britain) 1:16.42

Full results: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=50340
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Horrific falls by Meissnitzer and Barthet marred the race though and four Austrian racers chose not start after seeing Meissnitzer go down. Barthet (France) was heard screaming after her fall and is believed to have broken her leg. The course was shortened to GS length because of the soft snow and bad visibility.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes maggi, it was clearly not pleasant.
And I don't doubt they are all extremely brave, but it shows again what an artificial set-up down-hill is.
They don't prepare the sea for sailers. They don't prepare the road for runners. They don't even prepare the track for grand prix (and they race in the rain), though I admit the cars are hardly normal.
But downhill skiers are not skiing on snow as we know it: they race down an ice track.
This is fine in perfect conditions, but as we saw today: quite bonkers in poor light with fresh snow falling.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I watched Barthet's accident live on Eurosport and her screams will ring in my ears for some time. I wish her a speedy recovery.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kersh, agree totally. Does anyone know where we can find out how Anne-Sophie Barthet is recovering?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
WayneC, I'm told she broke tib and fib and tore knee ligaments. Could have been worse. I've heard screaming like that a few times in the past (on the piste, not in my social life!) and it definitely puts you off the risk-taking aspects of the sport for a short while.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim wrote:
Yes maggi, it was clearly not pleasant.
And I don't doubt they are all extremely brave, but it shows again what an artificial set-up down-hill is.
They don't prepare the sea for sailers. They don't prepare the road for runners. They don't even prepare the track for grand prix (and they race in the rain), though I admit the cars are hardly normal.
But downhill skiers are not skiing on snow as we know it: they race down an ice track.
This is fine in perfect conditions, but as we saw today: quite bonkers in poor light with fresh snow falling.

Are you suggesting a completely un-pisted course... could be interesting for the later runners. Or, why not just set 'em off all at once? TV ratings would rocket.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, send them all off at once? Why not? Twas how the first downhills in Wengen were organised I undersand.

Actually, what is wrong with the present downhill set-up is they just show us the qualifying section and forget to show us the race.

In Grand Prix, the drivers first race round the track against the clock to sort out their position on the grid.
Then on race day, they all go off together. Super stuff.

So it should be for skiers.
Fastest times at the front, slowest times at the back, and off they all go together.
Now, that would be a downhill race worth watching - yes?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy