Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X-Wing Tornado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sis-in-law is checking out "all mountain" skis. So we braved the crowds and tootled up the Grands Montets this afternoon. Excellent fresh soft snow, sunny but really too much queueing for our liking - so two lifts up, one run down.

She had acquired Salomon Xwing Tornados and Dynastar Legend somethings. While the plan involved multiple trips up and down to compare and contrast, reality bit and we couldn't be bothered queueing for an hour to go back up the cablecar. - so the Dynastars didn't get an outing.

So to the skis. Singularly unimpressed.

Brand spanking, looked in good condition, very slippy as one would want.

Skied a couple of hundred yards. Skittish, undemanding, not reassuring at speed and (I hate to use the phrase) felt rather soft. Admittedly comparing them to my own Dobermann SL-Rs, which are a slightly different beast. Sis-in-law liked them cos they were easy but I think agrees that in tricky terrain, icy hard pack, etc., they'd just not have the guts to perform with any confidence. Not what I'd describe (as the manufacturers do) as an "expert" ski.

Hmmmm.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch,

Not surprised at all really....The X-waves I have tested had been too much of a nothing-ish ski.... ok, to tootle about on...which isn't a bad thing always,, but no gears to go up if you want to...

I have heard very good things about the Dynstar Legend Exclusive Powder tho'..there ar two models of this ilk...she should try the wider one, about 85mm I think. If that was the other ski she had ear-marked, she missed a trick, maybe...?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, Possibly. You realise of course that the choice to take the Sallies out first was based purely on them matching the detail trim on her jacket - so much disappointment when they weren't great. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, you took out a pair of skis that weren't WC slalom grade and didn't like them Shocked

Well I never....... wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, well, I didn't take them out... snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch wrote:
Skittish, undemanding, not reassuring at speed and (I hate to use the phrase) felt rather soft...

But, don't tell us, Mrs David Murdoch loves you anyway...

David Murdoch wrote:
...the choice to take the Sallies out first was based purely on them matching the detail trim on...jacket

You always were one for matching those details wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy