Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

birmingham airport

Poster: A snowHead
just booked up to go to finland in feb and flying from birmingham,planning on parking with ncp for the week,never flown from there before,is it bigger than stansted? and would you recommend ncp for parking at birmingham? thanx from a very excited snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I flew from Birmingham last year and am doing so again in January. It's smaller and quieter than Stansted and car parking is much cheaper. Off site is only about £22 and On Site £32 per week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Birmingham is a great airport, minutes from the M42 and not too much hassle getting in and out - I always use the longstay on airport parking which is either a quick 3 minute bus transfer or if you feel up to it a brisk 5 - 10 min walk (depneds on where you manage to park !!) The booking system requires you to pay in advance which saves loads- use a password on exit by calling up on the intercom
The airport has recently been refurbished in side with good selection of shops bars food stall ect
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, kwakazx6r, thanx,i was a bit nervous when they said we can only fly from birmingham as none of us have flown from there before,we where planning on flying from gatwick but from the the time it took from us checking on the internet and getting to the travel agent(20 mins) the flight was fully booked,but thats good news anyway,cheers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
notverygoodatskiing, do you live in Cambridge? Isn't Birmingham more convenient for you than Gatwick?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, there about the same,takes me about an hour and 30 mins to get to gatwick and according to aa route planner it should take 2 hours 12 mins to birmingham,but i like a challenge and think i can beat that early in the morning Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Birmingham's a reasonably nice airport. Quite small, so don't expect a lot once you're through check in and passport control. It can back up a bit at passport control (more so than I've experienced at other airports), but they tend to keep it moving reasonably well. It can be tricky spotting the entrance too, so keep your eyes peeled. My dad found that out once, although he's from Birmingham, had been living in Glos for thirty years and hadn't been to the airport before, so drove past the entrance, thinking it was still going to be where it was way back when... rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No problems when Flyer and I used Birmingham airport last year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The departure lounge queue scrum at Birmingham has gone, it's all been redesigned with more x-ray machines and more space.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can confirm that most of the queuing at security has gone now Happy (I work in the security search area as a guard). Can I ask which terminal you are flying from - T1 has busy points at 06:00-08:30, 12:00-13:30, and 16:00 - 19:00, T2 busy times are 06:00-09:00 and 16:30 - 18:00 (except weekends where its dead...). Hope that helps - if you have any questions about whats there just ask!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We always fly from Birmingham as it s our closest and most convenient. Never had a problem from there, prefer it as it is a smaller airport than many. The offsite parking varies. There is one offsite (I think mayb it was through Airparks?) that is a "15 minutes" bus transfer away but we found it took much longer because of traffic and also they weren't overly keen to put on enough buses on the late nighter so we were standing around quite a bit. The Long Stay park on site is reasonable though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
StephenFrench, Welcome to snowHeads. I think you will be a very useful source of inside info for us as well as being another Staffordshire snowHead. We had to switch our Christmas flight to Berne from BHX to Manchester as the BHX flight had not sold well. Thanks to the toll road, we can be at BHX in 35 minutes so that is a shame really. On reflection, last Christmas we queued more than two hours to get through security. The queue went twice round the restaurant area! Glad that is not happening this year.

snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
StephenFrench, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, Yeah we used to have real problems at peak times. Its much much better now as we have had a recruitment drive recently, and now have an extra x-ray channel in t2, and 2 extra x-ray channels in t1. Just to let you know - if anyone flies with swissair - you CAN NOT take you ski boots in as hand luggage this year - the Department for Transport have decided they are prohibited. So no ski boots as handluggage at all through birmingham now. The new easyjet and flybe flights will be departing from T2 now - so you should have very few problems with queues for them. BMI Baby and the other carriers are still from T1.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the welcomes Happy
ski holidays
StephenFrench, another Tamworth resident too! Welcome to SH's. Do you go to the Snowdome very much? And can you get us through security sharpish next Sunday on our way out to Tignes Wink
ski holidays
imnot sure what terminal im flying from,im flying with monarch,does that help?
ski holidays
notverygoodatskiing, I wouldn't worry too much either way. The two terminals are in the same building and you can get between them very easily, even carrying skis. The T2 is the old BA (remember them?) terminal and is mostly being used by Easyjet these days. This would suggest you are going to be out of T1. I think the carpark bus stops in the same place for both terminals...

snowHead
snow report
last time i flew out of gatwick i had to be there 3 hours before i flew,is that the case with birmingham?
ski holidays
I've never had a problem with Birmingham. Punches above its weight for an airport of its size, quite a few inter-continental flights I'm told now. In fact, I'm flying back into Birmingham via Dubai next week. No BA now though? Still, not necessarily a bad thing!
snow report
notverygoodatskiing, The terminals connect and are perhaps 500m long each, so easy to find your way around. I think T1 though
ski holidays
notverygoodatskiing, i am also from cambridge and have flown from birmingham before - it only takes just over an hours drive - very easy straight up the A14 and M6.
snow report
notverygoodatskiing, You will be flying out of T1 then. Don't worry too much - send me a message a bit closer to the time and I will see if I can get a priority pass for you to use through security (I need to be on shift tho - so If im off I wont be able to sort it sorry)

docsquid, I try to get up to the Snowdome at least once a month if not more, I am going this Sunday night with 2 friends. I am going to join the new gym/swim side of things there too on my next 4 off. How did you job interview/application go? Would be good to get to know someone in the gym side of things as its been a long time since ive used one! lol
latest report
StephenFrench, I've been offered job as casual cover, but not regular shifts, but then that is what I wanted. Still haven't heard about the group exercise classes, but they aren't starting those up for a bit, at least properly. So you might see me down there from time to time Wink

We were at the Snowdome this morning - very quiet. Getting our ski legs before heading to Tignes on Sunday.
latest report
StephenFrench, that would be very helpful,any ideas on the check in times,hope it isnt 3 hours.
snow conditions
notverygoodatskiing, Check in is normally three hours, but there is an online check in service now so that you just do a bag drop at the airport - If you can give me the date and flight via a private message I will see if i can find out some more info for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy