Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recomendations For Accomedation - Saalbach / Hinterglemm or St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recomend a hotel/apparment in Saalbach/Hinterglemm OR St Anton?
I have booked a flight to Salzburg for 5th Jan come home 12th Jan. (£35.00 return each on Ryanair from Liverpool. I thought that was cheep?)

No more than 50 euros per person per night.

A few questions:

Are there any taxis in these resorts? If so are they expensive or reasonable?
Saalbach, Hinterglemm & St Anton are these Villages or Towns?
Are Saalbach and Hinterglemm separate towns/villages? Or are they the same place? Which is better for night life? Best Place to party?
And to find Nightlife/Apres do we have to travel to the center of the village/town or is it all scatterd about?

The accomedation being resonably close to the Nightlife/Apres is quite important but wouldnt mind a short taxi jorney to the town is thats what it takes providing its not mad expensive.

cheers guys.

ps. Im realy looking forward to this holiday. I cant wait to ski again. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Karl Moto, I went to Saalbach this year. We stayed in the Hotel Interstar, which was nice but was a little out of town. However this means we know plenty about the taxi's, easy to get and not hugely expensive. Saalbach and Hinterglemm are two separate large villages (in my opinion) but are a few kilometres apart, definately more than walking distance. If you are staying in either village, then the night life will be walking distance as they are both quite compact. I've not been to any of the super resorts, so I don't know how it compares in that respect but there are a number of decent bars and restaurants, with Bobby's Bar in Saalbach well worth a visit, especially for the Buy 1 get 1 free apres ski!

If you do pick Saalbach-Hinterglemm i'm sure you'll have a fantastic time, we certainly did!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ski Finder.
Yeah im hoping to get accomedation in Saalbach but if we get stuck i suppose we can go to St Anton or Zell Am Zee.
If we stay in Saalbach or Hinterglemm we would be hoping to Venture to Zell Am Zee for a days sking or night out.

I emailed Central Hotel in Saalbach to see if they had avalibility, and was dissapointed to get a mail back "at the moment i am not avalible to make you an offer"
Quite a vauge reply realy. Ok they guy prob doesnt read good English, so i sent him a mail back in German. We'll see what happens.
This Central Hotel by the way is home to the UnterBar, apparently its in the celler of the hotel in the center of saalbach. Did you ventur there by any chance?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best bet for St Anton accomm is one of the many websites, eg www.stantonarlberg.com . St Anton is a very large village or a small town - depends how you look at it. For a short walk to the nightlife, I would recommend staying in the "Dorf" area or somewhere close. See the street map (Ortsplan) on the above site. It will however be quite noisy.

Taxis are available in StA and reasonable for short trips, or with a bunch of people - most tend to be mini-vans.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Karl Moto"]Can anyone recomend a hotel/apparment in Saalbach/Hinterglemm OR St Anton?
I have booked a flight to Salzburg for 5th Jan come home 12th Jan. (£35.00 return each on Ryanair from Liverpool. I thought that was cheep?)

No more than 50 euros per person per night.

http://www.saalbach.com/621.0.html?L=1&id=621

This link is searchable for rooms and resort transfers
You should have a great time there
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks arlberg. ive have already been looking on that site. The hotel Central has given all their rooms to the travel agents. ! Sad

thanks Ulmerhutte. its looking like Saalbach for us tho.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look whats available on igluski.com Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi just got from 2.5 days in Hinterglemm . totally empty resort and slopes as the season has only just started . best days ski i have either had. we stayed with www.am-zwoelferkogel.at . Very high quality for the money, highly recommended. They even let us shower and use the sauna on our last day ski after we had already checked out .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St Anton is a long way from Salzburg .. are confused with somewhere else ??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Karl Moto, Hotel Central can be booked on Neilson's web site and you can book accommodation only. We have booked with them for March on room only basis
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy