Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Drivng with 3 kids to La tania for Christmas. Any hints for best route round Lyon? Should we come off autoroute before and cut across? Also what do we legally have to carry. Keep seeing conflicting reports. Have snow chains, Headlight strips. Nothing else. Would offer lifts - but a) no space b) no one would chose to travel with my kids!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WARNING TRIANGLE FLOURESCENT JACKET
there is a way around Lyon via the airport that cuts loads of the time but you would have to look the map to work it out unless someone else can explain it
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have a look at viamichelin.com - you don't need to do Lyon at all, it's best avoided. You also need a set of spare bulbs, I think. Welcome to Snowheads, and have a great Christmas. From the weather forecasts, you might also want to pack a shovel and a soft handbrush for getting all the snow off the windows!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To get around Lyon follow the Marseilles signs (!) until you see the Chambery signs .
For loads more info than you need type Driving to Alps in the Forum Search box and then click the search all terms box!

Welcome to the madness that is snowHeads Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yes, boredsurfin's tip is excellent if you need to get round Lyon as the signposting can be a bit confusing there, but you don't have to get that close to Lyon, if your journey is at a time when Lyon is likely to be a problem.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
another good idea is to avoid the A6 autoroute (Paris-Lyon) as much as possible. It's the busiest route, absolutely loads of trucks, staying east of it is better and easy enough from Calais (much more of a problem from the western channel)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all. Am doing speed ferries to Boulogne so assume best to get off a6 and head on to the Calais- three vallees - route. Will do as suggested and search on viamichelin.com and search here. Thank you all. Will pack shovel. So how do i cope with the children? anyone else travelling who would like them for the journey?!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saraabifran, in my day we used tape stories. These days, any children without personal DVD machines in the back of the car are deprived. They seem like a very good way to keep them quiet. the other way is to drive in the night and have them sleep. When they are awake, stop frequently for running around. The rest areas on the French motorways often have children's play areas - indicated on the signs as a drawing of kids on a see-saw. It's a bit cold in the winter, so make them get out and play anyway, and they'll be only too glad to get back into the car afterwards. My son and daughter in law only let their daughter watch her DVDs in the car, so it's always a treat for her, and seems to do the trick.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy