Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Keeping your local ski resort... TOP SECRET!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well this has me scratching my head... a few days ago I mailed most of the tourist offices for the ski resorts I feature on j2ski. As much out of courtesy as anything else I asked for comment, news, etc... the rather overwhelming and very helpful responses are going to keep me very busy for many nights before it's all gone through...

And then came this, in a very polite and apologetic mail;

"As we are a small and very local resort we do not believe that this
type of exposure will increase the number of customers in our resort.
Hence we do not want to be included in your portal. We do want you to
remove all information on XXXXXXX at this time and also to please
confirm that you have done so."

(name of resort removed to protect, er, the secretive)

Puzzled

Help me out here... what did I miss? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is the resort owned by a Mr E. S. Blofeldt ? or similar spelling.

I understand he used to own a mountain hideaway called Piz Gloria above Murren, a private center for alergy research, apparently it was destroyed by one Cmdr J. Bond in the late 60's or thereabouts, since then someone of a similar nature has apparently been purchasing similar locations ever since Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, of course... hadn't considered that possibility - the presence of a Blue Run down the "false volcano, with sliding crater" should've given it away... Cool ...well, makes about as much sense to me anyhow...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
J2Dave, Maybe there really is a resort called Courcheval, the other one is just a red herring? Perhaps we should have a closer look at what the Germans are putting down their underground snow tunnel.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahh, that must be the resort of Sofau P'yorownassitsnotroo. Well let them keep it.

Go on J2Dave, name and shame - you'd be doing us all a favour.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You mean you dont know what you missed Dave? Shame on you!! Tut Tut
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX wants ALL the snow to themselves. Just like Dawn French wants all the chocolate Oranges Laughing snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
20 questions? Is it North America?

I don't think they have any right to insist they're not mentioned. On the other hand, they may be armed and dangerous.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I reckon it's a clever ruse (can't be a French promotion drive then). By virtue of being the only resort in the world that professes not to want anyone to know about them, they'll end up getting ten times the publicity one way or another.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, well a quick Google reveals that they have their own web site and are listed on ifyouski, skiinfo and a few other places... but I'm a bit worried about this quote from their web site:

"Nu bygger vi inför vintern. Följ bygget på kamerorna och se pistkartan."

Now that sounds positively nasty... anyone here care to translate? Or better still how about some wild guesses ???

Hmm, perhaps j2ski translates to something rather rude in Swedish (oh no, what a giveaway - did I mention they only have 6 pistes and 4 lifts ? Good, I'm glad I didn't give it away then). Do you think it's Mountain Envy? Are they worried about the size of their, er, peaks?
Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good clues! And with no blacks and only one red run, I notice that they don't advertise reduced price lift passes for "over 70s" either Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
J2Dave, wild guess - something about the site being revised before the winter, and in the meantime you can check out the webcam and piste map???

Have you checked snowBase - are they listed there?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An apprximate translation is

nu = now
bygger = build, construct, erect
vi = we
inför = in front of, face to face [with], before
vintern = winter
Följ = follow
bygget = building
på = at etc
kamerorna = ?
och = and
ser = see; notice; watch
pistkartan = Pistemap

Put that all together and it says "clear off, we don't want you business"
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Laughing Laughing

maggi, now I didn't say that... Wink

PG, hmmm... they're not on Snowbase. What a relief there isn't some globally interconnected network of computers where some scallywag could compare two lists of ski resorts, in countries where amazing things are done to vowels, and work out which one was missing....

I wonder if the League of Gentlemen have something to do with this Local Resort for Local People?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the rather overwhelming and very helpful responses are going to keep me very busy for many nights
that's good news for a possible extension of our own snowBase where Admin intends to mailshot the resorts for assistance in completing a second phase of the database.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy