Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski for all mountain - Rossignol B2 or B3

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am looking for an all mountain ski for a trip to canada, and its down to either the rossignol B2 or B3.

Used to Atomic GS and Metron M10, but would prefer something lighter and more all mountain, as it were.

Your views are appreciated.

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's British Columbia, I'd go for the B3, or even wider!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its banff and still trying to get to grips with off-piste!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't even rule out B4's.

haven't they changed the names this year though?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
B3.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What he said.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why down to those 2..?

You renting or buying..?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
buying and kinda thought they are a good buy/price and good all round ski's.......
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cforcat, Last years B3 is well regarded allround, but they have new models this year, IIRCC

I skied the B3 short - not my choice but a long story..and it seemed fine so out of the two, I'd go B3 but you should be getting a very keen price if it is last year's model..

I think this year it is called the B83 but do not know how it differs
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neither.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
agree with veeeight, wink

Demo some first and also try other manufactureres skis. Smile

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 6-12-07 23:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bones wrote:
agree with veeeight,
can you expand please?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agreed.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cforcat, Head Monster IM82, Dynastar 8000 or Mythic Rider, Atomic Nomad Crimson, Scott Mission, Volkl Bridge. Dynaster Pro Rider XXL. Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Atomic Nomad Crimson

^ this. I really want to try some of these, hoping for a fatter R11 kind of ski. Took out Rossi B2 & very briefly B3 a couple of years ago and utterly hated them. Very dead feeling, juddery on hard stuff, nice enough off piste but not as stable or chuckable as Monsters (B3 was better here), hard work to get anything out of them... They're a good ski, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't find any fun in them compared to Head monsters, atomic R11 or even the older rossi bandits.

edit - having said that, out of your choice I'd get the B3, because it at least floats well.
latest report
cforcat, Ok before I bought my last pair of skis, I really wanted some b2's or thought I did. Had been using some salomon xscreams before the time to change. I nearly went out and bought some, but it was suggested to me to demo some first. It was also suggested to demo some other pairs to give a comparison. I listened to advice from more knowledgeable skiers than myself. i like to ski all the mountain and happy in the trees and powder as well as reasonable fast piste skiing. the first pair I tried was the B2 and boy was I so pleased I didnt buy them. slow and really hard work in comparison to my old xscreams. I skied them all morning on the different sorts of terrain that I like.

The friend who advised me to demo skis first, was very smug as thats exactly what he had predicted. In the afternoon I skied the same terrain on the 2nd pair and after the first run loved em. They performed well and were effortless to ski on, speed wasnt a problem with them and the more you pushed them the better. This was a pair of Volkls recomended both by the friend and the gent in the ski shop having listened to me first.

So my main point is even tho you have decided on something dont buy until you ave demoed and compared them. im not saying they are riubbish as people will defend them but for me they werent the ski I thought they would be, there didnt seem any liveliness about them at all.

As someone else pointed out to me, you dont walk in to a garage and order a car without driving one first Confused
snow report
Bones, A car costs around 13,000 pounds. But i get your point. wink
ski holidays
b2's - if you are still getting to grips with OP then you will learm faster on these beauties than the B3 - don't buy into the surface area for floating/supporting you through the pow pow. unless you want to be a 'one turn hero' . Once you have core skills then you can take those to a B3 and enjoy.

If you want to 'float' take up snowboarding.

Another point, if it is hard packed, icy or bumps Lake L, Sunshine and Norquay aren't always pow pow, then the B2 is a more versatile ski.

Be careful of those who still judge the Bandits on the 1st generation offering as they were slightly too stiff and lacked a decent side-cut, they were great for good technical skiers but hindered others (hence why the X-Scream became a legend).

maybe you should find a decent shop that will allow you hire to buy - refunding your hire on the purchase price. You'll always get better performance from a fixed retro fitted binding than hire. Hope this helps
latest report
"If you want to 'float' take up snowboarding."

Luddite Very Happy It can be fun, you know, not clobbering each and every submerged rock, being able to stay on top of windblown and batter through the chopped up stuff like it's fresh. If you want to sink you may as well take up scuba.
snow report
tailskidder wrote:
b2's - if you are still getting to grips with OP then you will learm faster on these beauties than the B3 - don't buy into the surface area for floating/supporting you through the pow pow. unless you want to be a 'one turn hero' . Once you have core skills then you can take those to a B3 and enjoy.

If you want to 'float' take up snowboarding.

Laughing
ski holidays
Arno,

Have you got any updated photos..? wink
ski holidays
Bones, I did walk to a garage and bought a car without ever driving it. The first time I was actually on the seat of that make and model was when I drove it out. And I have bought skis without trying as well. Perhaps not smart, but has worked well.
snow report
Cunners wrote:
Took out Rossi B2 & very briefly B3 a couple of years ago and utterly hated them. Very dead feeling, juddery on hard stuff, nice enough off piste but not as stable or chuckable as Monsters (B3 was better here), hard work to get anything out of them... They're a good ski, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't find any fun in them compared to Head monsters, atomic R11 or even the older rossi bandits.

I normally ski R11's (love them but they're now dying Sad ). I have hired B2's and B3's and have to agree with Cunners. They are fine off piste and good cutting through chopped up powder but they just feel dead.
latest report
Cunners,

Quote:

not clobbering each and every submerged rock, being able to stay on top of windblown and batter through the chopped up stuff like it's fresh.
Not if you are skilled, or was this is why you took up snowboarding Smile
ski holidays
Hey, if I wanted to I could teach Plake and Morrison a thing or two, I've just got better things to do with my time than getting all uptight about technique, you know... Laughing
snow conditions
I never consider damaging my skis a really worry, I just simle and consider it a free base grind! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ride 'em like you stole 'em.
latest report
People buy skis?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy