Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy to find GFS page per resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I started to knock something up, purely for myself, then thought I may widen it out.

So would anyone else find it useful?

If so and if you know the magic GFS co-ordinates for a resort, please reply here, and I'll collate them all up and update the page....

http://www.gregh.co.uk/php/gfsruns.php

Cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Just to make this clear, on your site you say that the last 12 runs of the gfs are shown on the ensemble graph. I hope what you mean by this is that the 12 runs from the last gfs ensembles run are shown, not that the last twelve runs (ie spanning over the last three days) are shown side by side, which is not the case.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_645_ens.png - LES 2 ALPES

I think anyway!!

Cheers

Simon
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serre Chevalier

Latitude : E 06° 34’ 18’’ - Longitude : N 44° 56’ 45’’
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Greg, can I suggest changing:

The graph that is displayed shows precipitation and the 850mb temperature forecast includung the last dozen GFS forecasts and an annual average. The average data is shown by the red line, the current forecast by the blue line, and the average of the last dozen forecasts by the white line. When all the different forecasts are in close alignment you can infer that there is some certainty in the GFS forecast data, but if the lines are all over the place it is difficult to say with any confidence what the weather will do.

to:

The graph that is displayed shows precipitation (in mm per 6 hour period, note that 1 mm of rain roughly corresponds to 1cm snow) and the 850 mb temperature forecast (usually this corresponds to somewhere around 1500m altitude). The average for the time of year (over the period 1971-2000) is shown by the red line while the current forecast from the model is shown by the green line. The thin coloured lines are obtained by running the model with the input data slightly tweaked within its statistical accuracy. When the lines are all over the place you can infer that the model has no idea what's going to happen.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
A few others:

45N 6E - L2A (closest), Alpe d'Huez, La Grave

45N 7E - Sestriere (closest), Montgenevre, Sauze

46N 7E - Argentiere (closest), Chamonix, PdS, Verbier

46N 8E - Saas Fee (closest), Zermatt, Cervinia

47N 10E - St Anton (closest), Ischgl, Davos
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy