Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier snow reports 2007-08

Poster: A snowHead
Very light dusting at high level last night, led some seasonaires to whoop 'Powder!' this morning, but stupidly hot out here and all had turned to slush by 2 ish.

the snow forecast for Tues & Weds is desperatly needed.

North facing itinerinies are in decent nick, although heavily mogulled.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just stupidly hot today... +10c at 2500m Crying or Very sad

all to rotten slush by... what.... 11 a.m. Puzzled rolling eyes Shocked Crying or Very sad

colder now though and snowing heavily in resort.... snowHead Little Angel

mods / admin.... you need a pissed/stoned emoticon Shocked Cool Laughing Razz Twisted Evil Skullie Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27 wrote:
just stupidly hot today... +10c at 2500m Crying or Very sad

all to rotten slush by... what.... 11 a.m. Puzzled rolling eyes Shocked Crying or Very sad

colder now though and snowing heavily in resort.... snowHead Little Angel

mods / admin.... you need a pissed/stoned emoticon Shocked Cool Laughing Razz Twisted Evil Skullie Very Happy
HI Red 27, I am out in Verbier this Saturday, has there been much improvement in the snow after todays flurries? Any talk of more snow later in the week?

Also whats the artificial snow set up like in verbier, it certainly looks like it is going to be cold enough over the next few days to start to think about using it!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pmercer, artificial snow can be applied to most of the pistes in the Verbier and Savolyeres sectors.....however a lot of us Verbier skiers use those as little more than a transit system to the good stuff Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pmercer wrote:
HI Red 27, I am out in Verbier this Saturday, has there been much improvement in the snow after todays flurries? Any talk of more snow later in the week?

Also whats the artificial snow set up like in verbier, it certainly looks like it is going to be cold enough over the next few days to start to think about using it!!

I'm out to Verbier on saturday too. First visit to Switzerland for me.

Was great to hear some snow coming in - just looked at the forecast for tomorrow - minus 27 degrees with windchill just at midmountain... that's a big change from the +14 ...

How's it look this morning?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pmercer, chrisss, I'm back in the UK, but although Tuesday was a great ski day there was only a few inches of fresh snow and they still need more as there are stones and ice patches coming through.

Everything is open though and you guys should have plenty of skiing. Lots of great bars and restaurants - the evidence of which is clearly visible in my post from Monday night. Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hey red_27 - thanks for the updates - I'm going with my eyes open and not expecting the week to be light on my wallet . . . so should be able to enjoy it Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am currently in Verbier.

Conditions are absolutely rubbish.

The town is green.

Most of the lower slopes are bare.

They urgently need 50cm+ of snow.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold, where did you ski today? Tortin was amazing, Mont Gele was excellent and I've seen some photos of people skiing in pristine A1 conditions off the back of Mont Fort. Did you make it off les Esserts?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold, Do you actually have a lift pass or are your reports entirely based on the view from the Farinet?

I hate to contradict someone on the spot from my comfortable position on the sofa in Brighton, but a little whizz round the webcams tells me that you may have missed something.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor, is there anywhere a bit less gnarly that's good? I'm not too worried, as snow seems to be due next week and I don't arrive till the 15th. But it would be interesting to know if there's anywhere nice at the moment that's not also super-black!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, lac de Vaux, short as it, is really good. The main drag from Attalas to Ruinettes is really good. As you get below Ruinettes it is pretty polished now but they are trying to spread snow around, a good tune and GS turns made it lots of fun... You'll be fine.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
parlor, Thank you. I thought Whitegold was probably talking rot! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:
They urgently need 50cm+ of snow.

happily that's forecast to arrive during this coming week... Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pistes up on mont fort were a little too wind swept and hard packed. But who goes up there for the pistes...

Low runs into Verbier getting a little brown in the afternoon - too many people on the blues.

But most of the mountain had pretty good coverage. Smile

"rubbish" is harsh. Plus... forecast looks good Smile
latest report
chrisss, how's the apres mate? Madeye-Smiley Skullie wink Shocked Cool
snow report
Just got back, and whilst I didn't feel the need to reach for the Sumos, conditions are holding up OK. Below 2000 things aren't great, but even La Combe not too bad. Mont Fort and Gentianes OK, Lac des Vaux in good shape and Attelas OK as well, albeit pretty busy this afternoon. Forecast seems pretty consistent for a decent snowfall in the early and middle part of next week. Roll on next Saturday. Especially now I've got the new liners in my boots
snow conditions
Yep, just thought I'd add to everyone's comments - got back yesterday from a week in Verbier and we managed to find good snow on every day (or Phil and Tom from Warren Smith's team did Smile). We also managed to ski some rubbish stuff as well, but nothing a fresh fall and more consistent temperatures won't sort out.

Stairway was lovely on Friday morning and Lac des Vaux was good all week. We also had some decent runs on Tortin, Mont Gele, Mont Fort, Fontenay (sp?) and others. A pretty changeable week for conditions but not a rubbish one by any means.
snow report
They said it.

Just got back from a sociable weekend...saturday skiing with Parlor and sunday with BGA. Good fun.

Televerbier have done a great job. Pistes are generally hard, in places very hard, but given the lack of snow in that last few weeks there are still no bare patches.

More snow to come, it is only early March...
latest report
Yes, that's all very nice and fine, but please could someone tell me, pretty please, that it is actually SNOWING. Thanks in advance. [Exit to perform evening snow dance.]
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Yes, that's all very nice and fine, but please could someone tell me, pretty please, that it is actually SNOWING. Thanks in advance. [Exit to perform evening snow dance.]

it was indeed snowing last night in the resort. For a good four or five hours I think. Seemed to stop over night though.
ski holidays
chrisss, Toofy Grin (More please.)
latest report
in fact... its snowing here right now. Clouds are not far above the town.

Definitely a day for the goggles. Smile
snow conditions
chrisss, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
chrisss, looks like p-ing rain at village level on the webcams... hopefully translating to snow at Ruinettes & higher? Confused
snow conditions
On / off rain / snow at resort level but snowing above. Just back from skiing in Bruson. Amazing conditions, the wind has loaded some faces to give 20cm of fluffy powder. Very happy. Photos to follow.
snow conditions
parlor, ooh, I'm so HAPPY!
snow conditions
parlor, Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How was our favourite route parlor ?
ski holidays
snowed lightly up top most of yesterday and was snowing at 1500m for the early part of the evening. Turned to rain though for most of the evening.
Raining again this morning Sad
I'm just not going up today.

Off-piste yesterday was nice but had to stay awake. New snow was wind blown and just sitting on top of the hardpacked older crusty stuff.
snow report
Crying or Very sad
latest report
Conditions are brutal in Verbier today.

It has been raining almost continuously below 1800m for the past 24 hrs and it looks set to continue for the rest of the day.

The town is practically snowless.

The lower slopes everywhere are rocky, grassy, patchy, icy and slushy. Things look grim. It is warm. It is more like Apr than Mar.

However, up top, above 2000m, the snow is hoofing down. Looks like roughly a coupla feet over the past 2 days.

Gonna bang it up to Mont Fort at first lift tomorrow. Hubba hubba NehNeh
snow conditions
parlor wrote:
Whitegold, where did you ski today? Tortin was amazing, Mont Gele was excellent and I've seen some photos of people skiing in pristine A1 conditions off the back of Mont Fort. Did you make it off les Esserts?

parlor, Conditions are reasonable up top, but horrific lower down. Snowdepths everywhere are way, way below-average for this time of year. Verbier is having a poor season.
latest report
parlor is unable to respond after spending ALL night in the Casbah. It is raining though.
snow report
Quote:

However, up top, above 2000m, the snow is hoofing down. Looks like roughly a coupla feet over the past 2 days.

Gonna bang it up to Mont Fort at first lift tomorrow. Hubba hubba

Quote:

Snowdepths everywhere are way, way below-average for this time of year. Verbier is having a poor season.

Puzzled Puzzled

Most of Verbier's better skiing is above 2000m, so not really a problem. Agreed that the choccy box appearance of the village suffers when there isn't much snow around, but 2 ft in the last couple of days sounds good to me. Glass half full or half empty?
ski holidays
BGA, true. Little Angel

just need the wind to die down though... Confused
ski holidays
rained allllll day and into the evening. Sad But by the time I was leaving Pub Mont Fort it had turned to hail type stuff and then snowed for about 4 or 5 hours through until 1230 ish.

Looks good today - should be loads of snow up top. Smile

Just need to get the muscles moving...
ski holidays
25cm last night. 20cm the night before. Careful selection of skiing = mind blowing.
ski holidays
parlor, chrisss, are any Savoleyre pistes skiable, do you know, or is it all too low?
ski holidays
Hurtle, looking at the webcams looks like front side of Savolyres is somewhat brown, but I suspect that the main part over the backside will be quite nice and skiable. I will be in town at 10am tomorrow, so if no-one else posts in the meantime I'll do so tomorrow afternoon, or if I can get the PDA working I'll post over lunch
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy