Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier snow reports 2007-08

Poster: A snowHead
BGA, thanks very much, but I'll be en route tomorrow and I don't travel with internet connectivity. I was thinking, by way of a gentle start to the holiday, of skiing down the back of Savoleyre on Sunday, and was just trying to save a possibly pointless bus-ride! Thanks anyway, nice of you to offer!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yesterday:

Today:

Also today, Alex hitting a 40 footer, so you could say conditions are good! This photo does it no justice, it was big and the landing was not as flat as it looks, I have video I will try to post soon:

Sadly the forecast is for it to be warm tomorrow, but there should be more snow on it's way. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yowser. He's da man Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Up top in Verbier remains good.

Mont Fort and Tortin were superb on Thurs and Fri.

As always, most offpiste was well tracked out within hours.

The resort down low is still depressingly green.

Managed to ski a run with Glen Plake on Thurs, which was cool. His planks seemed ancient and looked well over a decade old...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm in agreement withWhitegold, conditions good up top, green in town. Just sat at the bottom of Tortin with a plate of spag bol, with my best girl by ma side. I may break into song. Does life get any better?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BGA, 2 plates of spag bol? Your best, and 2nd best girls - one on each side? Still, does sound pretty good.... snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually it does better. Wales win the Grand Slam, snow is forecast for tonight and my new boots are now comfortable. Just need to work on the 2 best girls thing in Casbah tonight and I can die happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OH MY GOD. Holly Smoldering Snorkels Batman.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor wrote:
OH MY GOD. Holy Smoldering Snorkels Batman.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Absolutely hooning it down and has been since about 4am. As soon as the vis improves conditions will be epic. Sumos will be getting an outing tomorrow methinks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BGA, wind has really messed the top up. Skied a few good laps but will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wind has dropped back! Still snowing and might be clear-ish tomorrow, I think I might need something to help me sleep...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, you're not sat there ready and waiting in all your gear are you? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great skiing conditions. Blue skies until 1pm, then vis got a bit sketchy. As parlor said some wind effected snow but Tortin, Col des Mouches in great shape, as is the front side of Verbier. Looking out the window looks like more snow en route. Also had this season's best stack this afternoon, hit a snow bank that I didn't see in the flat light, straight over the handlebars with double forward roll.
snow report
Best snow I have skied in two years. No doubt. Unbelievably good this morning. And more to come.
latest report
parlor wrote:
Best snow I have skied in two years. No doubt. Unbelievably good this morning. And more to come.

The dream of skiing this fluffy snow that you mentions and do laps and laps in tortin; chassoure; attelas....etc.... make me forget for some moments our particulary "pyrenean desert" penitence Sad wink
snow conditions
AlTom, perdo germa!
snow report
parlor wrote:
AlTom, perdo germa!

jaja.....Do some laps in your waist deep powder for me.... it's all that I want, all that I need.....
ski holidays
parlor wrote:

parlor, I heard skiing was possible down to La Chable at the bottom of the valley over the past few days?
ski holidays
Whitegold, a few people skied it last week, including rungsp and his son. Conditions have been mind blowing for the last week. We've skied some amazing lines, I've never spent so much time going off the back of Mont Fort.
snow report
Just got back.

As Parlor says conditions were terrific. We skied to the door in Le Chable last weekend, but green grass there now.

The pistes are in fantastic condition, the off piste is tracked out in all but the more obscure spots but Mont Fort, Totin, Gentiennes, Valon Darbi, Highway etc etc are in excellent shape.

Snow forecast for tomorrow too.

Anyone going for a late season trip can be assured of good skiing even if there is not another flake of snow before the end of season.

We will be back for a weekend at the end of April and I am 100% sure we will have plenty of skiing then.

It was good to see PArlor and BGA (but briefly).

Parlor...got some photos of the lad to send (or post on a TR) ?
snow report
hi, can anyone recommend a good guide for a bit of off piste exploring. will be arriving in verbier on saturday for the first. sorry this off topic but you guys seem to be the verbier experts.
cheers
mr ted
snow conditions
[quote="rungsp"]Just got back.

Anyone going for a late season trip can be assured of good skiing even if there is not another flake of snow before the end of season.

thats great news i am out fot the WSA on the 12th april and was getting a bit worried, but all seems well now
ski holidays
mr ted, Adrenaline have a number of excellent guides, I've skied with a couple on heliskiing trips. Gilbert is a top man if you can get hold of him. http://www.adrenaline-verbier.ch/montagnegb/guides.htm

Got back last night, and echo the comments of rungsp and parlor. My OH has stayed out for the week and said there was some new snow overnight and it's snowing now.
latest report
mr ted, get the mobile number from this website: http://www.chesery.com/ Guillaume is an amazing guide and all round dude. Please tell him that Gavin from Ski Extra sent you.

rungsp, mini TR to follow!
ski holidays
cheers gents
snow report
I have some great photos from the last two weeks but I've been too busy skiing / hurting myself / recovering to post them up.

The snow is AMAZING. And getting better as we speak. snowHead Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OMG. The wind has been playing tricks with my mind, we have new snow and coverage has been quite strange, but I skied two big pitches of 2-3' of powder today. Some of it was wind loaded but not wind effected, I have never spent so much time in the white room. Several times I had to stop because I actually couldn't see where I was going (and the sky was blue). Thinking I was going out with a photographer I left my camcorder and dSLR at home. Gutted. The photographer got a few good shots but freaked out at one of the hikes we did and missed an amazing couloir that opened on to a huge face, with no tracks. In fact, everything we skied today was untracked. Sorry I had to get this off my chest, Mrs P is not speaking to me. Today was the best ski day of my life (and there have been a few). It was like something out of Alaska, three tight and steep couloirs and three big untracked faces...

There will be some photos but none as good as there should have been. Maybe.
ski holidays
Link for some Parlor photos, but if you don't know his TGR nom-de-plume I'm not going to out him:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118843
snow report
looking promising for this weekend...

rungsp, are you going to be around?
snow conditions
Sadly not, but will be there for closing weekend 26/27....sure to be snow.
ski holidays
rungsp, oh well... i'll probably be in CH on a guided long weekend but Verbier isn't likely to be the venue. still, if I like Verb, I am sure I'll be back!
latest report
Arno, nothing not to like around here!

rungsp, merci, oohhhhh look it's me.... Wink
snow report
Tortin - fantastic; Gentianes- barely a rock to be seen; Mont Fort - in some of the best condition I've ever seenrumours that the itinearies may be open until Tues- let's hope
latest report
Steve Sparks, pleeaaase let them be open until closing weekend...pleeaaase
snow report
rungsp, sorry to upset you but Mont Fort sector effectively closed. Utterly ridiculous as the snow conditions are excellent with more this week. Jumbo staying open but as Chassoure and Gentaines closed then you can only ski down to Siviez and taxi it back. Attelas 6 man closed along with La Combe as well. I was told by a friend who works for the ESS that it's something to do with a spat between Televerbier and Telenendaz - the Mont Fort sector lifts are jointly owned and as Telenendaz was planning to close yesterday then they weren't prepared to fund running the Mont Fort lifts for the extra week. Utter nonsense. A strong letter to the Times is indicated I feel.

Mind you, it does give me an excuse to go heliskiing on Saturday so every cloud..
snow report
rungsp, belting down today and more due tomorrow. Jumbo open but as BGA says only to get back down to La Chaux, although I did do 3 on the new button up there as the snow was so good. Even without the itineraries Lac des Vaux will be stunning this weekend and I'm certain you'll have a fab time.
ski holidays
We did have a fab time....but it's all over now.
Only a handful of lifts, but 100% coverage except for the last 25 metres at Medran..
The best closing conditions I've ever seen.

Parlor was in good form and has found the cure for ski tip lead.
I wish I had a camera to record the extraordinary sunglasses/headband combination thing that he was wearing. An integrated unit the like of which I have never seen anywhere else.

All in all a great season.

God it is a long time until december.....
snow report
Quote:

All in all a great season

Agreed.

Had a superb day heli-skiing on Friday - north face of the Petit Combin. One of the steepest faces I've skiied - 47 degrees, and the top part in waist deep untouched powder.

Good day pottering around the resort on Saturday, snow holding up really well until about 2pm, then an extended lunch on the terrace at T bar in the sun.

Dreadful journey home on Sunday - see Apres thread for details!!

Roll on next winter - although hang on, I've just remembered I've got next weekend in Chamonix
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy