Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you think of this jacket?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Adidas Summit Goretex Softshell

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adidas-Summit-Ski-moutain-Gore-tex-Soft-Shell-Jacket-M_W0QQitemZ370000921561QQihZ024QQcategoryZ93791QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you reckon about the colour? Too bright? Ok for the slopes? Would you wear it and any experiences with Goretex Soft shell?

I've a reason for asking, but i'll share that if i get any responses as i don't want it to cloud your judgement of the jacket Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nowt wrong with the colour - orange is great!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Softshell is water resistant rather than waterproof so not as good in the wet as XCR, IMV... which is fine in most snow conditions but a downour. I have one for Golf and bluebird days... a MH Softshell, but I hardly ever wear it for the latter as my Paklite covers that base as well...and it is more Mountain-proof anyway.

So I wouldn't invest a lot of money in softshell as my No 1 piece of kit.

As for colours..most of them as seasonal and I expect to wear a jackets for 4-5 seasons so I avoid last years colours..whatever that colour may be.

I have seen a nice green jacket that I really like, but......... Shocked Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly,

Technically..I'd want a draw-string on the neck as that bucket opening would catch water, IMV, and the hood looks a big clumsy...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers for the input guys...

JT, you say you wouldn't invest a lot of money in a softshell...

well that's cool, cause i picked it up in TK Maxx for £25!!! Its tag had reduced from £45 on it. How i laughed. The only thing i'm not sure about is the colour. The hood is actually pretty good. It's got the same kind of adjustment on it as my North Face jacket. The only real reason i bought it was because of the price - bargain - but i wasn't sure if that was clouding my judgement about the colour of it or not.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love skiing in my softshell. It is a Columbia titanium.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
shoogly, bowfin'. Well, you did ask Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Needs a protected zip? doesn't look like it has much in the way of pockets. Good for easyJet ground staff on a rainy day at Gatwick though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like a waterproof zip to me but I doubt you'd want to out in the rain in it...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
why put goretex in something you don't go out in the rain in?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, that's good to hear. I just bought a Columbia Steep and Deep (titanium range) jacket and it feels amazing, so light and flexible. It was pretty expensive (though in usa it seems, strangely, to be dirt cheap) given what I've previously spent on jackets, but it feels so much more comfortable and it is so intelligently designed that I couldn't resist.

I'm not sure whether it is technically soft shell, and suspect it might be, but I was assured that it was fully waterproof and possessed impressive insulatory properties, attributes which the shopkeeper did not ascribe to certain more expensive models.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think the colour is wicked! Orange is a good choice! (take a woman's advice!) plus I work as a fashion stylist ;o)

If you think this is bright, you should see the westbeach jacket I'm selling! pink, brown and white with a crazy pattern (I think it looks hot anyway...)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy