Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers to Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New guy to the forum, so a big Hi to everyone

We are planning a 2 week trip to Val Thorens in January, that's me, the wife and 4y/o daughter. The flights are no problem, and also the accommodation will be ok to book at a reasonable price, but transfers from Geneva airport seem to be a bit expensive.

How is the public transport?? Which method is best and how long is the trip likely to take??

Is it possible to hire a car at the airport and hand it back at the resort?

Anyone know a reasonably priced transfer company?

Anyone had similar problems, and what's the fix?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaSnoMan, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Sorry, can't help on the transfer....the only time I've satyed in Val T I drove. Someone here will have the answer soon though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had taxi from Geneva airport to Val Thorens once. Paid about 300 euros. Between 4 of us it wasn't too bad and took us straight to apartment with no hanging about.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaSnoMan, I've looked into this earlier today cos a mate will be coming out to visit me. Altibus (link on the VT website) do return transfers for 118 euros adult, 60 euros child.

Alternative is train from Geneva to Moutiers (price was usually £17.50 single adult, not sure child), then bus (maybe the same Altibus!) up to Val Thorens which was 31 euros return for adults, guessing 16ish euros for children. 3rd alternative is a small hire car; bit more expensive I guess, but far more convenient.

It is possible to hire in Geneva and drop off at Moutiers (realistically you would need to drop everything at VT, drive back down to Moutiers and get the bus back up). Cheapest option was about £60, but that was for 3 days; couldn't get a booking for less than 3 days online. Maybe by phoning they will give you a price for a single day's hire, but if not that would work out at £120 plus fuel and tolls and a return bus ticket for one of you of 31 euros.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaSnoMan, welcome to snowheads. Transfers are always the hard part of that sort of trip. Personally. with a 4 year old, I'd hire a car if it was a week. But for two weeks, a private transfer would probably be your best bet. It's expensive, but bliss - we did it once because we were in resort for 6 weeks and I'd pranged the car, so we couldn't drive. To return to Geneva I did a one way car hire from Albertville to the French sector of Geneva airport which was much cheaper than a taxi, but did entail a tedious trip by public transport down to Albertville to pick up the hire car. I doubt whether you could drop a one-way hire car in Val Thorens; you'd probably have to have one driver take it down to Moutiers, and get the bus back up. However, Val Thorens is quite a way from Geneva - if the cost of transfers seems a bit prohibitive, and you haven't booked yet, you could consider a resort closer to Geneva. Flaine, maybe. Or, if it ends up more economical to hire a car for two weeks, you could have a two-centre holiday and take advantage of having the vehicle? Have a good trip, whatever you decide. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guys, thanks for the help

Hiring a car for 2 weeks and having a two-centre holiday is a great idea and might make the extra expense well worth it. Obviously with the wee one it would also be the most comfortable

Again thanks for taking the time to help

DaSnoMan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy