Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les gets (pre season 3 days with kids)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seen what I think is quite good deal for 3 nights in les gets 19th -22nd December for me husband , 4 year old and 5mnth old (not skiing yet!)
A couple of questions since I have never skied PDS before.

Is the recent snow fall likely to be sufficient to last and ski in les gets or will travelling to ardent to get in link to Avoriaz a better option?

Will I be able to get a private instructor for a couple of hours each day for 4 year old easily in resort or are they all likely to be booked up?

Is the open terrian likely to be advanced intermediate only or mixed as the reason for a pre season starter is to get 4 year old skiing better so would like some very nice long nursery slopes. Which is better avoraiz/ morzine or les gets?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fizz wrote:
Seen what I think is quite good deal for 3 nights in les gets 19th -22nd December for me husband , 4 year old and 5mnth old (not skiing yet!)
A couple of questions since I have never skied PDS before.

It would have to be a very good deal.

Quote:
Is the recent snow fall likely to be sufficient to last and ski in les gets or will travelling to ardent to get in link to Avoriaz a better option?

Too difficult to answer. Snow..Thaw .. snow looks like the next week after that ????

Quote:
Will I be able to get a private instructor for a couple of hours each day for 4 year old easily in resort or are they all likely to be booked up?

If sober ( maybe) theyll be falling over themselves as it will be empty

Quote:
Is the open terrian likely to be advanced intermediate only or mixed as the reason for a pre season starter is to get 4 year old skiing better so would like some very nice long nursery slopes. Which is better avoraiz/ morzine or les gets?

More likely to be Beginner than Advanced early season as they open what is easiest first imho ... Les Gets ( but option to go higher in Avoriaz)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fizz - given how conditions are developing you should be fine in any by then.

As Agenterre says, you shouldn't have much problem finding an instructor as it'll be just before the main peak kicks in.

If you want someone who is really fabulous with kids, then I'd recommend booking some lessons with Dani at BASS Morzine. I did some ski school shadowing last season and, of all the instructors I've shadowed or skied with in the area, she is by far the best with kids.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks will definately check out Dani at Morzine for ski lessons if we go ahead,

It is a good deal - a catered chalet for 3 days including childcare for £700 for the 4 of us. I thought this was pretty good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy