Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report Val Thorens 2007/08

Poster: A snowHead
Just got a call from my buddy in VT, 2-3 feet of powder, blue skies and not a soul. Seb's on his way. Toofy Grin Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This weekend my daughter and 2,000 university friends descend (ascend?) on the place. Get your peace and quiet in whilst you can! rolling eyes
P.S. 2,000 is probably an exaggeration, hopefully.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
be there in a few months Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Be there Friday Afternoon with Johnnyboy Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
with a good drive down we should be there for first lift on dec 15th Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great new. I've been watching the webcam constantly for the past two weeks. Should arrive early 16th... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just heard from a guy in VT, says conditions are fantastic, as good as he has seen there mid season! Should be there in 2 days time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnnyboy, you won't know what to do with it all Toofy Grin Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier, It will undoubtedly be wasted on me, but I'll struggle through if I must NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
But you're a signed up icemaster now, it'll take you ages to scrape away all that powder to dig down to the shiny stuff wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
noggy, fraid 2000 isnt much of an exaggeration. the actual figure is around 1700. While there may be little peace and quiet had in the town though, I should think that the slopes of vt will absorb us without too much trouble. This is my first post btw, having kept a watching vigil for the last few weeks - I have finally resolved to join the fray, so you can expect enthusiastic reports on snow conditions at the various resorts I'll be visiting this winter. And they will be enthusiastic; VT looks set to get another couple of feet over the weekend.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WellingtonBoot, Is this the group that trashed L2A last year? Shocked Shocked Shocked

When are you guys arriving/leaving? Laughing Laughing Laughing

As you say, plenty of space on the slopes, and even in the resort it will still really be low season, so I'm sure everyone, students and the rest, will have a great time.

Oh, and welcome to snowHead WellingtonBoot
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
this is indeed the same group (not that I really have anything to do with any of them...).

the two weekers are already there. the main week is the 8th-15th. sunday is first day of skiing, which should be fun in the middle of what is likely to be a fairly major dump.

Im glad your not regretting the timing of your trip - hopefully the influx will only add to the atmosphere rather than crowd the place.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WellingtonBoot, I'll be there for the season, so I suppose I'll have to share MY slopes from time to time Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
WellingtonBoot wrote:
this is indeed the same group (not that I really have anything to do with any of them...).

the two weekers are already there. the main week is the 8th-15th. sunday is first day of skiing, which should be fun in the middle of what is likely to be a fairly major dump.

Im glad your not regretting the timing of your trip - hopefully the influx will only add to the atmosphere rather than crowd the place.

Be warned, the grammar police will expect better from those with a university education, especially "you're" and "your"; capital offence on here I'm afraid.

Better get to VT quick before they catch you. NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
Been keeping my eye on the webcam for a while now, conditions are looking excellent this morning. Just hope it holds out until mid Jan! Smile
snow conditions
johnnyboy, I assure you my grammar is up to scratch - i tend to type were for we're, your for you're, i for I, Ive for I've, and so on, but only for convenience. I hadn't realised such attention would be paid to these matters, but in future I shall endeavour to compose more accurate sentences. If I remember.

As for the VT webcams, they do look beautifully snowy at the moment. After the two or three feet we (hehe) are going to receive this weekend, the place should really be set for the season.

America also seems to be doing well now, with up to 7 inches reported overnight in Colorado and plenty more forecast for the next few days (of interest to me as I'm heading there this New Year - reports will of course follow).

I shall have to scrimp and save in order to fit in a further trip at easter, as the thought of my personal ski season finishing at New Year is horrible. And (yes, 'and' is acceptable first word in the sentence these days, providing the following clause with more emphasis than if it were tagged on to the end of the previous sentence) johnnyboy, I envy you (and anyone else spending a season in a decent resort) more than words can say.
latest report
Hitting VT on 15th with my girlfriend for a week. I've been properly obsessing over the webcam for the last week, it looks amazing!!
ski holidays
rooo, it does indeed look great and with more snow to folow this week Smile

cant wait, we arrrive on the 15th as well....
latest report
Current forecast is looking amazing http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Val-Thorens/3day/mid

All we need now is clear skies and sun from 15th Laughing
latest report
3.5 weeks in Europe last season and it only snows in North America. 3.5 weeks in Fernie this season and it's snowed everywhere but...

Canada, will you pleeeease STOP RAINING Evil or Very Mad

johnnyboy, you lucky b.... Toofy Grin
snow report
It puked down a foot overnight in ValTho.

60% of all uplift running.
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
It puked down a foot overnight in ValTho.60% of all uplift running.
Looking at the forecast , there's another 70 cms due over the next 4 days as well! Smile
ski holidays
No one staying in Chalet Osprey by any chance?
snow report
No, staying in Chalet Catherine probably with some of the 2000 students. Confused
snow report
3 days left to go Smile The weather looks awesome now having brightened right up after 5 days of heavy snow. Really can't wait!!
ski holidays
3 valleys links open for the first time today and the snow has stopped at last.
It's really fantastic conditions now clear skies,Sun and deep deep powder everywhere.
Conditions are forcast to remain for 7 days.

Anyone coming soon is in for a real treat Cool
latest report
Topsmoke, can you repeat that last bit please Very Happy

rooo, maybe we can have a mini snowHead s meet over the weekend, i'll be there with a couple of friends and 2 of the 3 of us are welsh (i'm assuming you are??)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tobymory wrote:
No, staying in Chalet Catherine probably with some of the 2000 students. Confused

You don't know how lucky you are.
snow conditions
I've just got back from a week in val t. Conditions were unbelievable. friday to wednesday it dumped a good metre of fresh powder. Even in whiteout conditions, charging down the pistes blind was immense fun and when it cleared up, as it did from wednesday, the skiing was really spectacular. Soft pistes, waist deep powder off piste everywhere you looked - not that I tried any of the avalanche prone steeps off the beaten path, being neither good enough nor properly equipped for such exploits, but the powder under lifts and on the slopes next to and in between curving pistes remained fairly untouched for days in places, in particular over in the fourth valley, Orelle, which was the least busy area by far yet which offered the best skiing, both on and off piste. The other two of the three valleys also had good snow, though it became icy in patches after some sun. The absence of crowds, however, makes them well worth visiting.

Conditions will remain good for a few days yet, but even by yesterday the pistes were beginning to look a tad hard packed and verging on icy in steeper areas, so more snow would be good within a few days (I guess this is always the way though), though it doesn't look to be on the way yet.

Photos will follow
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy