Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Antoine Deneriaz, reigning Olympic downhill champion, announces retirement

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The reigning Olympic downhill champion, Antoine Deneriaz (France) has announced that he is retiring from Alpine skiing. He has been struggling with injuries for some time, most recently by a back problem that forced him out of last week's Beaver Creek speed events.
..."I have decided to end my career," the 31-year-old Frenchman told a news conference today. "I'm too far back to hope I can make it back to the top. It had become so difficult. I feel relieved."
From: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05122007/58/olympic-champion-deneriaz-retires.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A lot of big names retiring at the moment Sad Aamodt, Kjuss, Strobl and Kostelic last season and now Deneriaz with Svindal looking dodgy at the moment. Is the sport too demanding or dangerous? In my opinion these athletes are almost superhuman (with a touch of reckless insanity wink )
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I worked very hard because technically I was not that good, said Deneriaz

See, there's hope for the rest of us.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reading french websites, he is also quoted as saying that aside from injuries, something was not quite right since his big fall in Are. Something akin to fear that was holding him from riding as much on the edge (no pun intended) as before... Sad
I guess he was talking about what Hywel dubbed the "reckless insanity"! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel wrote:
Is the sport too demanding or dangerous?
This "sport" certainly bears little resemblance to normal skiing.
They do not ski on snow, but a specially prepared elongated ice rink.
It is insane. Give me skiercross any day. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hywel wrote:
In my opinion these athletes are almost superhuman (with a touch of reckless insanity wink )

Agreed. A different breed to the rest of us.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
His fall in Are was terrifying to watch - no wonder it took it's toll. He's a great guy as well. Always giving his time to the local fans in Morillon. But what will Morillon do with all the pictures of him that adorn every lift building and many of the gondalas...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DavidP wrote:
His fall in Are was terrifying to watch - no wonder it took it's toll. He's a great guy as well. Always giving his time to the local fans in Morillon. But what will Morillon do with all the pictures of him that adorn every lift building and many of the gondalas...

They'll still be proud of him. Luc Alphand still graced one of Serre Chevalier's official sites until a couple of years ago. And how long was that after he won the World Cup?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One of the funniest sites was watching the locals watching Antoine's gold winning run. One guy had a video projector but no screen, so he stood with the projector held onto his head, projector an image you could hardly see onto a sheet that had been rapidly nailed up on the side of the tourist office. Meanwhile the tourist office guy gave a commentary because they didn't know how to get the TV commentary into their PA system. Needless to say when he won the image didn't stay very stable as the guy with the projector was jumping for joy!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy