Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

that bloody snow animation on this site...

Poster: A snowHead
admin, IE7 and FFX fine on XP, Safari fine on Mac, FFX on mac seems a bit buggy and sometimes slow to load the top bit. There does perhaps seem a tiny bit less definition to the text - but I probably have my contact lenses in the wrong eyes.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, but, bluntly that is not this forum's problem. We go around skiing, when, collectively we could make quite a difference to many poor children's lives if we gave up skiing and devoted the money saved to them.

Kruisler wrote:
Quote:

so long after it thread posts before it disappeared on this screen.

I'd say it's because Admin also got a life outside Snowheads and no contractual date as to when the site needs to be updated....

It takes 30 seconds to do a global logo change on a site. Maybe less. I think admin can spare that. If he can't, he can time bomb the logo in the first place.
Quote:

Quote:

I also found the juggling balls on the top of Santa's head unpleasant

Well, even with my window maximised, the logo disappears as soon as I scroll down to read a post/article..Surely, you can live with it for a couple seconds every now and then...

Apart from the issue of the font being difficult to read for some, it's a whole lot of grumpiness to me.... rolling eyes

It was about 9 thread posts before the logo started to disappear in this screen.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 7-12-07 16:42; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Approx 60,000 children have died through poverty since the this thread was started.

Mmmmhh, and undoubtedly worthy of a thread in its own right. The numbers are disturbing over any time-frame.

Not 'totally' sure where you're coming from though. Are you suggesting there should also be :-
-No Lardybus threads?
-No discussion on EoSB sleeping arrangements?
-No La Rosiere appreciation society threads?
perhaps you're suggesting that we should all stop posting on snowheads in its entirety and do something more fulfilling?

I do 'understand' what you mean but what is one man's poison is another man's whisky. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only one more pointless thread amongst thousands.
rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agenterre, As my psychic "brother" you know full well that I was intimating that some are making a big fuss about nowt Very Happy

Download the fix if you can't stand it anymore. Many businesses take marketing desicions that all the punters do not agree on. We have the santa, live with it, download the fix, or drink more beer over christmas period. i am sure that it will be remembered that all decorations should be down on the 12th day of Christmas (for those that celebrate it Toofy Grin )

Bahhhh humbug wink
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, the fuss had died to nothing yesterday. Today we have a bigger fuss about folk making a fuss. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, I know! Toofy Grin Embarassed
but I wasn't go to let you kill something that was turning into an excellent cat-fight with 'Tazer-rhetoric' Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin, I use opera and have noticed a significant slow down in loading times for the forum..I thought it was the snowman related but maybe not as last night all the blue went pink..and I have java turned off..

Of course perhaps its my PC
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A pleasure as always ladies and gents, but that appears to be work over for the week. Have a good weekend Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, I was going to until somebody brought 60000 bairns and the grim reaper into it. Cheers. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
... live with it ....

'Live With It'. Brother of 'Deal With It' On a par with 'Move On'. Usually a sign of someone who hasn't won an argument - but wants to bulldoze through anyway. Though surely not in your case. Little Angel

This discussion has clearly interested some, or it would not be so long. And looking here and elsewhere, there are several who would rather not have had the Santa logo to 'live with' in the first place, irritating to those who may be happy with it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, achilles, I have siad my bit, but really must dash as I have a flight to Bangladesh to catch. My packed lunch box is untouched and I reckon I could influence the figures somewhat if a get a wriggle on wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, "Stout fellow" in the words of (I think) Beau Geste wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, "Stout fellow" in the words of (I think) Beau Geste wink
brother of Soo-Lee Yu ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Okay guys, I like the animation, it's a bit of fun and at home has been cool to look at.

However, at the moment I'm viewing the site in the Tourist Office in Val d'Isere and the animation is obliterating a substantial area at the top of each page rendering the site almost unusable. I can't install flash blockers and the like onto their machines and I've just wasted 10 minutes of my Internet time trying to find a way to turn off the animation to no avail - are their settings on Snowheads that'll allow me to use a different skin/design so that I can temporarily switch the Flash off?

I'll happily turn it back on once home and admire it again but here it's a problem I'm afraid...
latest report
you can switch profile top get rid of santa Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy