Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boot Fitting recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Occasional lurker here, have tried site search and not turned up anything although I'm sure it must get asked..

My gf was fed up of badly fitting hire boots and bought her own in resort (Les Deux Alpes) two years ago, then we didn't ski last winter Sad

The shop was recommended by Charlotte, a very good instructor Smile who we found through snowheads.

The shop were in the middle of 'customising' them - liners, insoles, bits of padding etc. basically asking her to go ski on them, then return and say where it hurt so they could modifiy them (no extra charges)

Sadly she was ill for the rest of the week and never sorted them out.

We went down to castleford the other day for a bit of preparation for this year and they hurt Sad

So - is there anyone, anywhere in the north of England good for fitting/fixing ski boots? At Castleford itself? Sheffield?

Main problem at the moment seems to be pressure round the bottom of the shin & ankle leading to pins and needles, T's quite small and has (if she will forgive me for saying this) 'pointy' shin bones.

The boots are nordica something or others (don't have them to hand).

She has previously been 'lucky' with hire kit and skis pretty hard when she's happy, but these boots and the last set of hire boots have really spoiled her fun.

I have an ancient pair of salomon which have always fit like gloves, so fitting boots is a mystery to me. Puzzled

Thanks,

Iain.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IainC, welcome to snowHead

Nearest I'd reccomend would be Lockwoods, but they are down in Leamington Spa. Maybe Spyderjon can help!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am very far from being an expert, but it sounds as if she has barely used the boots. (In my limited experience) it takes two or three days before new boots are comfortable. May be she should persist with them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IainC, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IainC, welcome to snowHead's you could have a chat with Julian at Ellis Brigham in Castleford, i am not normally a lover of recomending people to chain stores, but he is one of the good guys
good luck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, I've used him for years, RIP Centre Sport Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I am very far from being an expert, but it sounds as if she has barely used the boots. (In my limited experience) it takes two or three days before new boots are comfortable. May be she should persist with them.

Thanks for the welcome everyone Smile

Not sure about this - she got two days skiing on them when she bought them. I can accept a boot might take a bit of time to bed in, but they look like they need more than that - they cause pins and needles and obvious red marks in places on her foot and shins when taken off, like the pressure is uneven. No amount of re-clipping and adjusting seems to have helped this. She also complains of too much heel-lift depsite them begin tight elsewhere. Want an expert eye to look at them and say whther they have a chance of fitting or not!

I shall try find this Julian chap..

Iain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IainC, just go to Ellis Brigham and look for the biggest booger in there Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing true and i am sure he would agree
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy