Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

forget shaped carver: NEW VIDEO from Rax

Poster: A snowHead
Tom from Austria, Yeh. Ok.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tom from Austria, good luck with your product, i hope it works out for you. a lot of very narrow minded folk around, who love to knock someone for having the balls to actually try something different. i would love to try these boards sometime, hopefully one day i can.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
graeme, not saying I wouldn't love to try them, or that he won't do well, just i don't believe he will do well-no disrespect to Tom from Austria! Infact, I would love for Tom to prove me (and others) wrong. I am sure all these other "narrow minded folk" share the same opinion as myself.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rossfra8, i have an open mind on things, having never tried them i wont just say they are no good. i might not like them but i would certainly love to try them, see how well they do rip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good for you graeme.

(Self-confessed narrow-minded person on this particular issue... rolling eyes)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
graeme, no one is knocking Tom, there as been a 4 page discussion on & for RAX but the outcome is that no one here thinks it is a good idea that is all

There are many points Tom hasnt addressed but most importantly is safety as if these are not safe they will never get commercially manuactured

Rossfra8, no I would NOT love for Tom to prove me, I think the ski is ugly and the sking ugly
Also the concept of breaking by diggng heels in seems flawed

Anyhow Tom i wish you happiness & hope you find all my comments constructive even if they are harsh
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
graeme wrote:
Rossfra8, i have an open mind on things, having never tried them i wont just say they are no good. i might not like them but i would certainly love to try them, see how well they do rip.

Graeme, you are a great one.
Please help us to ski together with those who are interested in.
We can meet everywhere in Austria and mid Jan in France, too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor wrote:
Tom from Austria, can you send some to me in Verbier please? Or can I just make my own?

We should visit Verbier if we could meet more potential testers, parlor.

Mid Jan we will publish Generation 2008 (all-round skis for freeride and piste)
and the detailed description for "do-it-yourself".
The new generation is simpler than all models published up to-date.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm sure you've all seen this one as well...

http://youtube.com/v/-OZSjVcxcFI&NR=1

All you need is a dunny fixed to the back of these and you're laughing rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom from Austria, I come in peace BTW, it does like quite funny though
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plectrum wrote:
Also the concept of breaking by diggng heels in seems flawed

Rollerblade comes to mind.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi folks - I keep scanning this thread and part of me keeps thinking it must be a huge wind up - the ski looks so 'different', but it's not......is it Puzzled Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum wrote:
Hi folks - I keep scanning this thread and part of me keeps thinking it must be a huge wind up - the ski looks so 'different', but it's not......is it Puzzled Shocked

No, it isn't
and if any of you Snow Heads found the time to ski with us
others could read his report.
Let me partially translate a post from the biggest German ski forum.

Publisher of freeskiers.net found Tom and Rax Ski on Arlberg Dec 15.
reXX is reporting on skiing with Tom Dec 17 22:01 in the thread
http://www.freeskiers.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=277&topic=4740.210

… ist der tom nicht unbedingt so wie ich ihn mir vorgestellt hatte. nämlich schon ein paar tage älter wie die meisten hier, und
… is Tom not necessarily the kind of the guy as I’ve imagined , he is older than the most of us , but

er sprüht vor energie, auf jeden fall ein freundlicher kerl und irgendwie auch ein cooler typ!
he is spraying energy and in any case is he a friendly fellow and somehow a cool guy!

Wir sind wir auch gleich mal losgezogen, denn er wollt uns seine erfindung natürlich zeigen. skifahrerisch ist er jetzt nicht
We started immediately for he naturally wanted to show us his invention, he is not

unbedingt der profi, aber mut hat er. die hänge konnten ihm gar nicht steil genug sein und er ist mit full speed geradeaus nach
a professional skier. but bold is he, slopes could not be steep enough for him and he was shooting down at full speed

unten geschossen (siehe bild). hatten echt teilweise angst dass es ihn jetzt gleich verspult und wir nen heli brauchen. …
in the fall line , we sometimes really feared that he disappears in the suck and we would need a helicopter…
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
edit to exclude daft comment, should have read properly

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 27-12-07 18:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tom from Austria wrote:

...and if any of you Snow Heads found the time to ski with us
others could read his report.

WHAT ?

The last time one of the Forum Members (DB) arranged to meet you, you NEVER SHOWED !

Why would anyone else take the time out to help you after that happenend ?

Looks to me like you messed up ? You should have "..found the time" to keep your appointments shouldn't you.
snow conditions
Hmmm... why would anyone want to brake on skis, anyway? That's not what edges are for... after all... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
[quote="Nealglover...(DB) arranged to meet you, you NEVER SHOWED !

[/quote]

Well, we had ONE due appointment with DB in Nov.
The term NEVER should be used for multiple events only.
I have already admitted my mobil was at fault.

Have just proposed DB several posssible appointments in following days via PM.
latest report
ssh wrote:
Hmmm... why would anyone want to brake on skis, anyway? That's not what edges are for... after all... Twisted Evil

Yes, and that's fins can do better than edges, ssh.
snow report
My wife is about to drop another sprog in Jan so skiing days for me this season are tighter than a Yorkshireman's wallet - I haven't got the time to wonder round ski resort car parks when I could be skiing either.

Tom and I are trying to setup a date to meet up which may even be tomorrow. Shocked
latest report
DB, top man, can not wait for the video, brave or foolish?
snow conditions
Looking forward to seeing a new vid DB,

They remind me of the old Skorpions, but with brakes on Shocked
snow conditions
Bones wrote:
Looking forward to seeing a new vid DB,

They remind me of the old Skorpions, but with brakes on Shocked

We somehow failed to setup a date to meet up this weekend.
Well, there is a night slope with artificial snow in the city of Vienna now.
So it should not be so difficult to come together in following days.

Next weekend we should ski in Arlberg and Innsbruck.
I think some of you Snow Heads are even located there (?)
snow report
Tom from Austria wrote:
ssh wrote:
Yes, and that's fins can do better than edges, ssh.
Well, I guess if you want to brake, that's fine. I do my best to avoid braking. Being taught by a number of coaches to focus on "go movements", that's my primary focus. Not "don't go" movements and effort.

But, whatever floats your boat. Just don't be too surprised when they don't catch on.
ski holidays
ssh wrote:
... to focus on "go movements", that's my primary focus....

You are right, ssh: ski was made for skiing, not for standing.
Let the ski run and control you speed by smart navigation in terrain.
But there are some exceptions you learn to appreciate the "brake potential" of your ski on.
This emergency program should be taught more offensively.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy