Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland resort info needed puhleeeze

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys, it's my first time in switzerland and the reason we're limited to this expensive area of switzerland is due to visa reasons. it seems all the reasonable package deals have gone so i'm going to try my hand at booking everything separately for once. have found some good flights on easy jet to geneva. can people advise me on the following?

1. which are the best airports in switzerland for cheap fares (and of those which airlines are particularly good apart from easy jet), and which resorts are the least transfer time from those airports?

2. anyone know what the arrangements are for transfers in the swiss airports? the easyjet website makes brief reference to an aero ski bus from geneva airport to ski resorts, but does not say how much the fare is, how long it takes, whether it really goes straight to the resort - and if so which ones - or whether u have to change for a local bus at some point - how frequent etc. anyone know?

3. assuming i get some good deals on flights and transfers, which are the relatively cheapER resorts in switzerland in terms of accomodation (preferably self-catering - there r 2 of us - don't suppose any snowheader has a place out there that's free for rent during this week? Very Happy), ski hire, and lift passes?

any help will be MUCH appreciated. Thx guys!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ridha, this idea that Switzerland is expensive is a clever bit of propaganda by the Swiss Wink I think you'll find Switzerland quite reasonable compared with London prices, and it is IME generally noticeably cheaper than the major French mega-resorts - moreover, prices don't increase as you go up the mountain

The big question is when you want to go - I saw your post in Chalets and Apartments; 23rd to 31st Dec would be a problem anywhere because I don't think anyone will split Xmas and NY week until and unless they're desperate. To the best of my current knowledge, we could do Xmas week for you in Laax (Sat to Sat, poss Sun to Sun ie 23rd to 30th or even Sat 22nd to Sun 30th), but we're using our place ourselves for NY. PM me if it's of any interest
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ridha, I would agree with eng_ch, Switzerland was expensive but not any more in comparrison to other countries. We ski over the border from France to eat lunch as it is cheaper! Nendaz or La Chable would be a cheap alternative to Verbier! You could get self catering in those areas. Many resorts in the Valais region are within easy reach of Geneva. Check out where you really want to go all resorts have either taxi or train access. Go for Saturday to Saturday holidays as you will not get value trying to break TWO peak weeks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Switzerland isnt expensive you just cant get crap...

In England you buy Heinz beans or Tesco savers, in Switz you can't buy the savers.

Compare like for like, beans for beans and its good value.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ridha, To transfer from Geneva or any of the airports you can get a Swiss Transfer ticket which will take you to your resort and back. Some resorts are by train all the way and some by train/postbus.

I did the trip from Geneva to Saas Fee recently and it was really easy. The train station is below the airport so I just had to take a train to Visp and transferred to the postbus for the last leg up to the village.

You can only buy the Swiss Transfer ticket outside Switzerland, so you must purchase before you go. There are a few web sites you can use such as this one http://www.swisspasses.com/railpass/transfer/step2.htm
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ridha, meant to add, we've written comprehensive travel info on our site
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ridha,
In my experience Switzerland is good value as stated above. The only caveats that I would add are that prices within Switzerland vary quite a bit, resorts that I have found expensive by Swiss standards are Davos Verbier Zermatt and Klosters, even here they are often cheaper than the expensive end of the French ski resorts (And much better value in my judgement). The other thing I have found is that it is a lot more difficult to eat decent food cheaply in the evening if you are eating out in Switzerland than in other alpine countries. Half board usually represents great value and the general high quality of appartments means that self catering is a pleasant option rather than a chore if you don't mind cooking. B&B though can work out a lot more expensive than the initial price would indicate.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eng_ch, the 22nd - 29th would definitely be of interest, our main objective s to have at least a week, but certainly the add-on 2 days were just an idea, not a necessity haha. i did try to pm u but when i click ur name all that comes up is this quick reply option. but if u cd let me know where ur apartment is, which nearest airport it is, and how much it wd be for the week, that wd be great. thx so much!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and thx everyone else for ur replies too! Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ridha, to PM someone, you need to click on the send/receive messages link at the top of the screen (just below the snowHeads banner)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ridha,

If you are looking at Flims/Laax the nearest airport is Zurich and then you get the train, but eng_ch can tell you all about that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ridha, you have a PM Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy