Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MetCheck - confused? Or is it just me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I Like MetCheck - partialy 'cos it's free. Partially cos it picks up reasonably frequent short term changes in the models (apparently).

However, what height is the snow forecast for? Chamonix is mostly above 2,000m yet last week rain was mostly forecast, when snow mostly happened. Which suggested that the forecast was for the town. Which is not really very much use. Any ideas anyone?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, its been saying the same about serre che too. I'm not complaining as long as when they say its gonna snow it dont rain!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch,

This is about the third thread about metcheck in the last fortnight! Its basically not the best IMO!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They have been havinf some problems over the last week. I think they changed to new servers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mattmulkeen, i dont think any of the weather web pages are any good, so i check all of them and believe it when its snowing out my window!
however met check was spot on for the weather i had in morocco
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Metcheck is a pile. The best site for weather watching is www.wetterzentrale.de (in German, but once you click 'top karten', you have all the models as options); the way they customise the maps makes them very easy to use and pleasant to look at, though you do need some level of proficiency and knowledge with respect to model watching to fully understand them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We gave them a go for advertising, as it wasn't expensive, but I've stopped it now. I don't think that many people use them for Chamonix anyway - I find the normal Cham-meteo to be much more accurate.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy