Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria....the best resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been on here and asked which is best St Anton or Banff! Spoke to my friends and banff is to far away for a week which you lot did mention and St Anton is so expensive!

Were going to be booking it soon and I need ideas. Will be going to the travel agent so were not doing a DIY skiing trip as were all struggling to find time and noone wants to cock it up.

Id like Austria good Apri ski, two are decent skiers, me well Im compitent.
We need boots, skis, lift passes and half board. For all that £800! Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MFC, You don't say when you're going but Saalbach Hinterglemm or Solden would probably do the trick. Ischgl also great but a bit pricier. You'd get St Anton too (depending on dates) and I'd disagree that it's "so expensive". Also, I've done places like Banff for a week (and less) no prob. Your friends clearly haven't necessarily got a clue... direct flight, short transfer, just a bit of jet lag to contend with... do both.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are going in April, you want fairly high.

Any of the Zillertal resorts might suit (Zell am Ziller - note NOT Zell am Zee -, Mayrhofen, Finkenberg with UK Tour ops)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2nd week in March is when we have to go. Looking in the Brochures or on the web St Anton is expensive as near as dam it £800 for Hotel and 1/2 board or am I looking in the wrong places?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you tried Kitzbuehel? There is a great little b&b http://www.kitzbuehel-johanna.com/ two minutes walk from the centre of Kitz. I have stayed in there 4 times now and will always go back. It is inexpensive, simple and very friendly. As for Kitzbuhel itself. Perhaps not the most challenging terrain on the whole but a lage area to ski in now that a new (2003) gondala links Kitz to Kirchberg. My only reservations would be how snow-sure it is in March. Still, it is a consideration.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dougie, I thought the new gondola just linked over to the area above Pass Thurn, before that it was a taxi job or long walk to get over there.

A good move though, as the best snow is usually over there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MFC wrote:
2nd week in March is when we have to go. Looking in the Brochures or on the web St Anton is expensive as near as dam it £800 for Hotel and 1/2 board or am I looking in the wrong places?

MFC - use the brochures such as Airtours, Crystal for lighting fires. They are so expensive, look to use Easyjet, Ryanair etc. DIY can take £300 -£400 quid off the price.
Book accom through the tourist board web-site (B&B so you aren't tied to set meal times), use www.sbb.ch or www.oebb.at to find the train schedule direct to St Anton.

Suddenly it becomes reasonable.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MFC, St Anton if you are a young male looking for a bit of romance (.... now how long will it take before we get a Stanton reply Laughing )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy