Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Snow 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
any more pics David??

counting down the days..............
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, I took the photos using ollski's camera, I'm sure he'll post some more.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
latest from FtS

Ab fab sunny day. Off piste looks and feels fab, some pistes suffered a bit in the sun but will be fine 2morrow Did bellcome 1 drag in the col 2day and they have had 2 dig it out. At times the drag cable was below my shoulder. The snow depth over there is madness. Will be stunning when it all opens.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, bit more snow last night, forecast now is for sun for the next couple of days, link to Italy open.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GFS suggesting snow sunday night/Monday David, do the locals agree???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, If it snows on any day it's more likely to snow on a transfer day, that's certainly been our experience for the last few weeks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tomorrow it's time for us to come try your powder in La Ros. Anyone got some good ideas where to find the best powder still. What is the forest like and the long way down to Italy. Is it still soft and fluffy like in your pics? Hope to see some of you whilst we are over.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, looks as if your transfer will be snowless but more snow forecast for Mon,Tues and Weds.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool

snowcrazy - leave some for me Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, Sorry I think we tracked most of the untouched stuff today, but they do say even more of the white stuff is on its way.

We managed to find enough untracked stuff today to keep me very happy all day. YES THERE IS POWDER IN LA ROS!! And some of the off piste is quite steep and long. I have to say after our last to trips there I was not sure what to expect, but the wind has been very kind this time and the powder was light, steep and up to our knees. We even had blue sky, what a great day.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheers (I think)

Any tips on where to head to?

regards,

Greg
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, they say more snow is coming, when they open the link to Italy try off the ridge above the link, there are some good decents there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowing again - marvellous!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh dear, kitenski, reports:
Dumpimg now, horrible morning. Frozen corduroy-rock solid pistes! Now better with a few cm of fresh, but v little viz Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
still snowing, 10cm+ at resort......

la ros needs more tree runs for days like today....
snow conditions
More snow and the link to Italy is closed.
snow conditions
Here's some pics of the off piste around La Ros, the view from David@traxvax chalet, and lastly a lovely run I did first thing with BernardC and friends

snow conditions
kitenski, Lovely pics. I think I know where the last one is. We watched a guy ski a similar line and face plant at the bottom. I am sure he heard our cheer accross the valley.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman,

Where is it then?
ski holidays
johnboy, it's to the right as you go to Italy on the Bellecombe1 drag lift, super route there's a slightly steeper pitch above the Bellecombe2 drag. The first 2 pics were in the dedicated off-piste area to the left of Le Sivoliere drag but as everyone knows there's no off-piste in La Rosiere. Roll on Sunday back out for the last blast of the season and I'm told the snow is still fabulous and it's snowing today!
latest report
We had a great powder day yesterday as well with loads of untracked places to go without even a walk, but they did shut the link due to high winds in Italy. Today I have been told it was snowing a little and tonight even more. Hope to get back up there on Friday for another blast.
snow report
More fresh snow last night, still over 3 metres at altitude, fantastic.
snow report
Another good day in the sun, yes we had sun on the Italian side and we even found some fresh snow, not quite powder but still fun to ski in. The vis on the Italian side was very good all day. You could ski down to the bottom without a problem and the blacks were fun, according to our younger skiers. Plenty of soft snow to jump into and deep pockets where the wind had deposited it. A fun day was had by all, but skiing back into La Ros in the late afternoon was not so great with wind blowing in your face and even a light sleet. The trees at the bottom near the lifts had some tight turns with lots of bumps, wish I had shorter skis. Still plenty of snow there so should see out the end of season without any problem.
ski holidays
It started snowing last Sunday and didn't stop until Tuesday, we've had one clear day and it's snowing again, just in time for the Goullie, our end of season mad race finishing up in the water jump. Masses of snow but Fontaine Froide and Ecudets pistes closed as is Petit Bois chair, not worth bashing it this late in the season, shame because there's still lots of snow on every run, skied fresh snow every day this week, can't say the same about La Thuile, lower runs quite porr but we skied all the way down pista 7 into the village and I've never been able to do that before. Huge amounts of snow up on the Col can't imagine when the road is going to open this year.
ski holidays
Snowing again tonight, the forecast is for 15 -25 cms tonight, unfortunately very windy today so not pleasant but better than not skiing - marginally!
ski holidays
David@traxvax, Forecast was spot on, the world is white again, getting ready for our last trip to Italy this season.
ski holidays
David@traxvax,

When does it all close? Shame if there is still loads of snow?
latest report
johnboy, Because we are here and not out there Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, resort clsoes on 25th April, La Thuile closed yesterday with best snow of the season and it's been snowing all day with 35 cms forecast fro tonight, it's got really cold as well.
snow report
David@traxvax,

Are there many punters about?
snow report
johnboy, no it's been very quiet, there were very few skiers in either La Rosiere or La Thuile on Sunday. I'm back home now but I hardly got out of the village yesterday, we cahnged the tyres on the mini-bus and Emma's car on monday for the drive home and sure enough it dumped on Monday night, the forecast was for 35cms at 2000 metres, there must have been 20 cms in the village. Had to put snow chains on to get out and it was snowing all the way down to the Beleverdere hotel about 1500 metres. Must be nearly 350 cms at the top and 130 cms at village level but everyone has had enough now, it ws really good to see flowers and blossom on the drive through France. It has been the most amazing season I've had the best four weeks skiing I've ever had, every week, apart from Xmas, has had fresh powder. The only downside is that we didn't get to ski spring snow, the first time for years that we haven't been able to find any.
ski holidays
David@traxvax, G
Quote:

The only downside is that we didn't get to ski spring snow, the first time for years that we haven't been able to find any.

I blame global warming
Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy