Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Snow 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
We had a complete white out day on the wednesday when I was out there. I thought my blokey had missed the turning and taken a black run down and would DIE! I sat crying in the middle of the piste so I sympathise with the billy no mates above!

Incidently he was just bloody slow as he could tell whether he was moving or not and kept falling over!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nadenoodlee, Must to the amusement of my missus she realised that in flat light and heavy snow in Jan in Les Arcs I turned into Mr Bean. A complete forkwit. Couldn't tell up hill from downhill, scared the living shoite out of me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just come off the slopes of La Ros an hour ago.....absolutely astonishing. one to three feet of snow on all the pistes and set in for three days apparantly. Just fantastic and when the sun comes back next week I cannot imagine how perfect it will be.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ollski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Some tissues old boy Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, too late Skullie
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, At least clean up Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee, not in the same place as a loud scotts bloke called Dave and his missus Collette are you
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For everybody going to La Ros this weekend it looks like there is going to plenty of snow! I hope we all have a brilliant time and the sun does peek through next week, at least long enough for us to get to Offshore on the La Thuile side.
Been out buying some new accesories this afternoon, so I am well and truly in the ski spirit.
Have a great holiday all, might see you there!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, nope I was there 9-16th, had a fab week, no loud mouth scots!

Cant do those soddign drags to La Thuile on a board though Sad Realised that I havent been on a drag for my last 3 holidays, thats how much I avoid them!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, It looks as if you've got the week of the season! According to the Meteo this is in for 3 days so your transfer might take awhile, we took some guests back to Geneva last night it took 10hrs for the journey there and back, les flics were stopping anyone without chains from driving up from BSM. I'm waiting for Ollski and his familly so we can ski Fontaine Froide, it hasn't been open for a while but after yesterday's dump there's more than enough snow. Had the most amazing day yesterday, everywhere was off-piste and snow up to your waist in places.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OMG, check out the snow depth on piste where the basher has given up and gone home for a brew Smile

Frosty is going to be buried!

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FONTAINE FROID AND ECUDETS HAVE RE OPENED

Some of the pest piste in the Tarentaise is going to be skiable for Easter, right down to 1160 metres.
The trees are open for any bad weather YEEEE HA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, snowHead snowHead snowHead Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman,

Not jealous at all. I am quite content to cut the grass.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, did you ever doubt piste would be open for easter, especially given easter is so early?, i've skied fresh at val & tignes right into may before. Anyway enjoy the fresh snow, not jealous at all as it's snowing here in eastern england today - though no uplift or skiable piste.
snow conditions
waynos, the low runs are my favourites, but south facing, low altitude, no cannons, and had been shut for the last 3 weeks and have beenshut at the end of March for the last 3 yrs.
snow report
Quote:
when the sun comes back next week I cannot imagine how perfect it will be.

you reckon the sun's gonna come back?? Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
waynos, the low runs are my favourites, but south facing, low altitude, no cannons, and had been shut for the last 3 weeks and have beenshut at the end of March for the last 3 yrs.

In that case FTS stick to low altitude Austria, you know it's better Very Happy

Just started dumping again here at 0m.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, I have never skied those runs in my 3 visits to La Ros, I take it you are recommending them Very Happy
snow conditions
LoopyLou, oh yes Very Happy snowHead and have a hot choc or a snack (or both)in the hut at the bottom.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Great I'll definitely give them a try! When are you setting off?
ski holidays
LoopyLou, Our flight is 07.45 in the morning. 10 of us had intended leaving for Manchester at 03.45, but we are watching the weather closely as we have the M62 to cross.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman,

I thought the tree runs were nice, but as waynos, says the whole of Austria is like that?
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, good luck with the weather on the way. Sorry don't have a clue where the M62 is. We are leaving at 2.30am heading to Edinburgh for a 7.00am flight. Hopefully the roads will be ok for us but it is snowing fairly heavily here at the moment although not lying just yet.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

The girl that runs the hut is a fox wink
latest report
Can't say I had noticed her in those tight blue pants wink
ski holidays
m62 was fine this morning frosty, no snow on it at all. snow on north facing side slopes, but none at all over the tops.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
do you think the snow will still be good 5th april? or is it getting a bit late in the season?
snow report
johnboy, she is lovely, a real treat for the eyes bet you'd never guess her age.andybabes, no, the resort is always open until the last week of April.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman,

Looks like the North of England will get a pasting of snow in the early hours.
snow conditions
looking at the webcams it's blue skies and sunny in La Thuile and grey n cloudy in La Ros, is this a regular occurence? ie should we tell our sun loving friend to get over to La Thuile next week???
ski holidays
kitenski, it is very often different on opposite sides of the mountain, but not consistent which way round!
ski holidays
Fontaine froid was fun but unpisted and had a few rocks on it, but this day was fantastic....all on green and blue runs some of the most fun I have ever had:

latest report
looks fantastic, save some for me, out on the 29th!!
ski holidays
FtS reports F'n amazing conditions this morning!!!!

From ollski, 's pics I can see why!!
snow conditions
johnboy, can't be La Ros because everyone know there's no off-piste and skiing through the trees there!
snow conditions
So who is in La Ros right now, hope to be there some time this week to try the powder, anyone fancy joining me? How about someone posting an update on the snow conditions and the wind damage there right now. Hope the powder is holding up. It can get really windy.
latest report
I think Frosty the Snowman is enjoying himself.....

Message last night:

Awesome day. Lots not open today due to avy risk, wind, and bad viz but by10am we skied an unpisted fontaine froid in 12-24 inch of pure powder. About 6 had skied it b4 us. Best run of my life with good viz and no wind. Off piste is virtually untouched. Off to italy 2morrow

and one this morning:

Took fats back last night. Now ripping 10cm fresh on superb pistes.
ski holidays
kitenski, I don't think FTS will make it to Italy, the link is still closed, more snow forecast for Thurs!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy