Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Snow 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
great conditions again today. bit busier though.

was very drunk yesterday and fell down the stairs in Le Mouflon Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, Laughing Laughing . Hope you're OK though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, You are in good company.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just home. It was snowing when we left this morning. Maybe 5cm at 1850m by 8.00am and still snowing. Snowed right down to Alberville.

Conditions were fantastic all week considering it was 3 weeks since the last big dump. Anyone heading out for New Year is in for a real treat.

Possible to ski down to Seez.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the updates johnboy, glad you enjoyed it - can't wait for the 6th & La Thuile / La Ros.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
2400m 100cm

1850m 66cm

Fontaine Froide still open Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Right, all packed and ready to go for early departure tomorrow.

Will post snow reports live if possible, or on return if not.

Can't wait............
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,
Just got back had a fab week, it snow 3 out of 7 days and when we left on 13th there must have been a good 50cm dump.
2400m 185cm and 1850m 115cm on sat 12th. Runs were all open except when whiteout occured due to vast amounts of snow which closed link to Italy a few times
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK, I am going again next week. Went last year in March and enjoyed it . Found a good offer on catered accom with Skiworld so re-booked with them.
Any up to date snow reports would be greatly appreciated. Looking on the webcams looks like a 5cm dusting today in the town.
Also , does anyone ( TraxxDave) know if you can buy a half day ticket at the bottom of the Choucas express lift.
I cant recall seeing a booth there. So I'm guessing its a walk through the woods to the main 'caisse' at lunchtime.
Our flight lands at 0820( well thats if it takes off on time etc) in Chambery. Even allowing for a chug up the autoroute to Bourg then some faffing matching flights and coaches from Lyon/GVA we hope to be in resort for 12.00.
fingers crossed for a fairly empty changover day afternoon re -learning to ski.
Thanks to all in advance.

Rob
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dupes, I think there is ski pass opposite next to the Ski Set hire shop in Les Eucherts.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, dupes, yes there is definitely a lift pass office just below the Eucherts Express chair.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any recomendations on cheaper places to eat in the town . we went to L'Ancoli(sp) last year nice but expensive for what it was.

MAny thanks for the info, found the old piste map and a caisse was marked below the Eucherts Express.

Any ideas on how to get to Ste Foy? Hitch a lift or pubic transport to Bourg , then up the valley to ste Foy for some powwow,or not....

Rob
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
La Rosiere, Feb 2 just had 50cms of fresh snow overnight and it's still dumping down, time to wax the Big Fats , I'm off to ski Les Ecudets. Forecast is for snow throughout the Alps so anyone out here next week should have super conditions, every run in France and Italy has been open this week with good snow everywhere.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David, thanks and Hurrah, Have been tracking the weather thread, checking the snow forecasts, waxing the skis,packing the bags and tomorrow we fly. What better way to spend a week. New snow, a holiday in different resort, fun and enjoyment. We have yet to sample La Ros, but friends were there 2 weeks ago and had a great time. Cant wait.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grahame wrote:
David, thanks and Hurrah, Have been tracking the weather thread, checking the snow forecasts, waxing the skis,packing the bags and tomorrow we fly. What better way to spend a week. New snow, a holiday in different resort, fun and enjoyment. We have yet to sample La Ros, but friends were there 2 weeks ago and had a great time. Cant wait.

Shall also be in La Ros from tomorrow and like you, cannot wait. We were there twice last year following fifteen years without skiing at all. My son worked the season there, hence, my reason to go. Absolutely loved it. We are a group of six, from total beginner to expert, staying in Chalet Mamiray.
snow report
HAZYTRON, Might see you there, we are in Chalet Jeode, in ski lessons although my son has now opted for a snow board. i did threaten not to take him for giving up on the ski's, but he is young, he rides skateboards, it fits the image, etc.
snow conditions
Grahame, you're staying with some very good friends of ours who know the resort very well, just spoken to my daughter in our chalet and it's snowing again, as it has been off and on all day, it's very cold and the forecast is for snow down to 700metres. Make sure you get up to the Maison du Ski this evening for the torchlight descent and instructor's display.
snow report
long may it continue David@traxvax, see you soon! Very Happy
snow report
David@traxvax wrote:
it's very cold and the forecast is for snow down to 700metres.

Snowline is a bit higher than that at the moment - about 1100m I think.
snow conditions
Snowing again, down to 1000 metres so the entire domain should get a good covering, more forecast for tomorrow.
latest report
was in La thuile last week, and skied La Rosiere on our last day saturday 23rd Feb. Very soft snow up to the top by the fort by 1.00pm. Frontaine froid amazingly was open, but they had carpets at the bottom to get to the lift back up.
Some runs starting to have the odd rock sticking through but generally still lots of snow, but its very slushy and soft after midday. La thuile has the better quality snow at the moment as it faces north.
snow report
Sounds like it's in for some more snow this week.

Excellent news as I've just booked to go out there on Sunday! Smile
ski holidays
looks like serious dumpage. the webcam roof which was black and bare is nice and white and deep Smile

Snow :
Alt. 1850m : 125 cm
Alt. 2400m : 245 cm
ski holidays
kitenski, and lokingcold for the next 2 weeks with more forecast today and fri/sat. I dont think we could have asked for anything more.
snow report
yes, looking good for you Frosty!! A hint of some snow around during your week and a nice blip of snow around the 29th as well for us Smile (assuming it all comes off)
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, it started snowing on Sunday morning and it hasn't stopped yet!
snow report
I am now getting seriously excited about my impending holiday! Forecast is for more snow this week so it looks great for those of us arriving in resort at the weekend.
snow conditions
It sound like they are getting the same dump that we have had in Les Arcs which is great as I will be over that side of the valley for a few days next week as well. Hope to met up with some of you then, which bar is the best for apre ski in La Ros.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can anyone tell me what the lift is you can see from this webcam, please?

snow report
kitenski, I think it is called Roches Noir Chairlift with the run being Tetras, a lovely blue which takes you right back to resort.
snow report
kitenski, Yup, it is the main 6 man high speed detachable from the Front de Neige up to the Roc Noir Summit
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, we had a light dusting overnight, just a couple of inches but the forecast for Friday is 'tres forts de chute de neiges' down to 3-400 metres so hat means pretty much everywhere, it was snowing as we came back from Italy today and Mont Blanc was wearing it's hat, always a good sign.
latest report
David@traxvax, I am really hopefull that we can ski down to the Ecudet lift after this new snowfall. What do you think?
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, you just want to go to the bar at the bottom! I was out there in Chalet le Mouflon last week - was awesome! I really like La Rosiere, its fantastic!
latest report
Nadenoodlee, Ooooh you sneak. Kept that quiet!!!!

I would have thought it a bit quiet for a party animal like you!!, that said, after the wonderful nosebag you would get on le Mouflon you wouldn't feel like going out...and yes, love the shack at the bottom Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, made it out one night with the guys from the Chalet, unfortunately the BF felt so awful the next day ( I was fine) that we vowed not to go out again late! And you are spot on - the food was FANTASTIC!
latest report
looks like its dumped and is dumping big time looking at the webcams.....
snow report
kitenski, yupgot to be 20-30 cm in resort already, goodness knows what it will be like in the morning. I think we should swap weeks.
snow report
just had to snag this pic from the webcams

ski holidays
kitenski, Caption. Hello, Hello is anybody there?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy