Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm doing the Valle Blanche in Jan and been informed by the guide that I need to take out insurance. I asked for a steer in the right direction and was refered to the British Mountainering Council website.

However there cheapest insurance cover, after you take out an obligatory membership with BMC (!) costs a whopping €60+ euro. This will be more expensive per person that the flights and more expensive that the guide himself.

I googled in "ski insurance" and AXA came up with a much more reassuring €10 for the trip.

It doesn't take a genius to work out which one looks better, but does anyone know what the difference is and do I really need the expensive one.

This trip I am going on was supposed to be a cheap weekend, its increasingly and most defintely not turning out that way.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
killian,
There are lots of different threads on insurance and a lot of different opinions. FWIW I use Direct Travel that is underwritten by AXA and did the VB last year. The BMC insurance is meant to be a very good product though.
See this thread for further ideas. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=30686&highlight=insurance
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
killian, Another option is Snowcard, who definitely cover the VB, and I have that from them in writing. Your guide is very cheap though, mine cost €270, from the AIGMB, and I got a refund as they declined to offer the service in resort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The BMC is the definitive product, one I reccommend for sesonnaires, instructors etc.
But if you don't need all the inclusions, by all means shop around.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbunny, The guide is €60 per person! Tbar thanks for the link.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
killian,I can recommend PJ Hayman http://www.pjhayman.co.uk/buyonline.asp. They cover off-piste and we had no problems with a recent claim from them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
killian, At £10, there is almost certainly something missing that you could want.

You don't need the £60 one, but most of the ones giving decent single trip cover for skiing including off-piste sem to be between £25 and £40.

Fogg seem to be quite a good one http://www.fogginsure.co.uk/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
killian, it depends on what you're comfortable risking, the price you pay. I've gone with the BMC for a few years since they're extremely comprehensive (hence the price).

For instance some ski insurances don't cover you for if the lifts are all closed for the week and some don't cover your body for being freighted home in a coffin. Shocked

You have to look at the small print... rolling eyes Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy