Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Les Deux in 10 days, first time!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy folks,

Thought I'd introduce myself, so hi Smile Been reading the forums for the past few days, picking up tips and what not, lots of knowledgable folks here and seems a great place to exchange tips and advice.

My sole experience snowboarding has been a learn-to-snowboard-in-a-day course at Tamworth a few months ago, though I did used to skate a bit so felt vaguely at home on a board which was good. Am off to Les Deux next week for 6 days of board related mayhem, and am really looking forward to it. Got some wrist guards, impact shorts and clothing, so short of hiring the board and boots, I'm good to go!

One thing I have been wondering is about insurance. I've applied for my EHIC card, and the trip I'm going on has basic insurance coverage. Is it advisable to arrange for extra, personal cover on top of this?

Also, because I see a few people here know Les Deux quite well, (Easiski's name cropped up whilst browsing the forums Madeye-Smiley ) Just wondering how busy the mid\end of December typically is on the slopes?

Cheers in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ukjoe, Welcome! snowHead I can't help with the LDA question although I would have thought it would have been 'moderately' busy. Apologies for the meaningless answer! In terms of your insurance, the one provided by by your tour operator should be fine as long as you stay on piste (i.e. on the set trails). I take it your extra cover cost around £15-30?

There's a useful thread here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=30686
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ukjoe, WElcome snowHead
Been to LDA 3 times now, but only in Jan & Mar and each time there was plenty of snow Razz Looking at Easiskis pictures on her thread its looking good !
With regards to the insurance we get normal winter insurance but tend to pay the extra piste insurance when you buy the lift pass, its not a huge amount extra. And don't forget that EHIC card !!

Have fun Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ukjoe, get some lessons. Easiski is not a snowboard instructor but she may have some ideas for some good ones that you can contact. FWIW the EHIC card is in my view totaly worthless in a French ski resort.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, it has one use ..... it can double up as an ice scraper
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for replies all!

@Frosty, Yep, I'll definitely be looking into lessons. Of the folks I'm going with, I think 4 of the 6 have board many times before, and its just me and another who haven't. So will be taking some lessons to catch up, then spending a few days practising what I've learned.

Got my EHIC card, can't recall how much extra my insurance was, but think I'll look into getting some additional insurance this weekend for peace of mind.

Cheers for the thread pointer Saxabar, will be reading through that before I go shoping for insurance this w\e since I'll def. be wanting to go off piste with my more experienced friends.

And thanks Debbi too - good to know there's been plenty snow there before, it can only bode well for my trip snowHead

Who knows, I may well catch the boarding bug good and proper. Woo!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ukjoe, Frosty the Snowman, DebbiDoesSnow, - EHIC came in useful when I was taken off to hospital in France last season - it was the first thing they wanted to see, together with my insurance documents, when I was being admitted....(luckily remembered to take both things with me after I was taken off the mountain)

ukjoe, hope you don't actually have to use the EHIC or your insurance, but both are definitely worth having in case of emergency.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thankyou gamekeeper! Good to hear your feedback on use of the EHIC card. Sorry to hear it required a hospital visit, but good to know that (I assume) your EHIC card covered it. Obviously I'm hoping not to use it, but definitely glad I've got my EHIC card - as per your advice, will make sure its with me at all times! I hope I don't have to use it, but far, far better safe than sorry.

Been meeting a few of the folks I'll be boarding with this evening, and they are all more than happy for me to have a few lessons and then for them to take time of the piste so I can learn a bit more from them in a face-to-face situation, which is great.

Anyway, I've got the pads and I'm fired up, so ready to go Smile Can't wait!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ukjoe,

Welcome to the darker side of Snowheads.

Hope you have a great time in L2A, believe in youself and shred some. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Joe,

We're going to Les2Alps on the 15th of December for a week. We'll both be having lessons too. Can't answer any of your questions but was gonna ask you where/when & how you're traveling to LDA. We're going from Geneva on the 15th and will probably hoire a car unless we can buy a space in someone else's car? See where we going with this one? If you guys need a lift or can offer one, give us a shout! Happy boardin!
Lisa j x
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers paulm!

Lisa, we're travelling from London by coach, so can't offer any lifts I'm afraid. Got a 20 hour journey to look forward to on Friday night, arriving sometime saturday afternoon.

Happy boarding too, weather is sounding good for next week Smile Lots of snowfall which means softer landings for us beginners!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Paul,

Yes, I'm glad its snowed as 2 weeks ago they only had 10cm! We're gonna drive from Sheff next year but we'll probably get a car at Geneva. Thanks for replyin, have a great hol!
Lisa
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy