Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nggghhhaaaaghhhh why did I try and organise a group holiday?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So having *finally* established who is actually committed to going after weeks of "yes, probably" and finally getting total agreement on dates, and booking the flights last week, now two of the group have dropped out because of a forgotten-about un-moveable work commitment half-way through the planned holiday. This means the "group" is now three, me and another couple, and I'm not at all keen on being a gooseberry for a week, so we'll probably end up cancelling. Which will no doubt mean losing the money we paid for the flights. Still, at least they were cheap. And at least I'd not booked the accom.

I guess the moral I'm trying to get across in my state of despair is: don't ever try and co-ordinate/book a group ski holiday, you'll end up going mad...

Deep breaths.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 3-12-07 13:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have arranged a few trips and the moral is large non refundable deposits.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's no excuse for being a single skier - or a gooseberry anymore.
What are your dates and where are your flights to?
I'm sure you could find a snowHead or 2 that fancied going skiing or something - I know the last time I suggested it 80 turned up Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Symapthy. Why not put the vacant slots up for grabs on snowheads saying what sort of group you are, where and when you are going, what skiing standard you'll be doing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jonm wrote:
... I'm not at all keen on being a gooseberry for a week, so we'll probably end up cancelling.

True, it's more seasonal to be a cranberry at this time of year.

jonm, have you thought of travelling alone and dispensing with all this grief? I've skied independently countless times. Check out the potential of youth hostels. If you've got a flight that would give you access to Zermatt I can personally recommend the youth hostel there - evening meal included, four or six bed rooms (I met really interesting people, and one who was great fun to ski with).

There are loads of other hostels around the Alps.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree with jbob, last time I arranged a group holiday I didn't actually book untill everyone hads given me the whole amount they needed, this actually worked quite well as I deposited the whole lot in a building society until we actually needed it plus I got a better exchange rate due to the large amount of cash I was changing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys. Just discussing with the remaining two what our options are - awkward to change holiday booked off work now, so we may well still go and see if we can get some others to come along instead. Will keep you updated...

Quote:

I know the last time I suggested it 80 turned up

I really did laugh out loud at that! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I organise a big group every year. We go with smaller chalet operators with a proven track record. Deposit is around £125 anfd this is taken for each person going on booking. Never had a problem apart from trying to shoehorn extra people in who weren't prepared to comit. This seasons rose from 9 to 13 and then to 25.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
25! I struggled to get 5 people to commit - sigh...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jonm, i feel for you ! I have arranged package tours for 10 people for the last 3 years and even that is a nightmare ! this year was 12 and the struggle to get agreements and money is unbelievable, 2 even said no orginally and then after it was booked changed their minds. They never appreciate how stressful it is. I have said this is the last year I am doing it, next year they can sort themselves out !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jonm, if it makes you feel any better I have a group of 16, 2 different departure days, 2 different airports, 4 different colours of T shirt and one who has ordered 84 bottles of expensive wine. I tell you, as they get older they get more difficult!

I recruited to fill missing places a few years ago using a notice on the Gloucester Dry Ski slope notice board, and we had a really eclectic mix, some of who remain part of the group 20 years on

and no one wants to take over... Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I once organised a group to Mottaret for 25, it should of been 26. But I had to pull out due to smashing my knee up on the last run of our hols in Soell 5 weeks prior.
It was no fun watching GMTV doing a skiing report from Courcheval every morning whilst the rest of the gang were there. If my knee wasn't so sore the tv screen would have gone through!!
So sometimes the organiser can screw things up also.

Hats off to all those who organise the PSB, MSB and EOSB. A fine job well done.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
organise, PSB, 2 words not often found in the same sentence Laughing Laughing wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy