Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight snow

Poster: A snowHead
pam w and skinutter, Thanks so much for the advice - I appreciate your replies.

I learnt to ski in Les Saisies about 4/5 years ago so it has extra special memories - I discovered an obsession there!! At the time I was living in France so easy to get to, but back in the UK now and don't have any close friends who ski so usually 'fly solo', sadly that means reliance on a TO as it gets mighty pricey to drive alone and at least with a chalet you usually get some friendly faces in the evenings. I might feel a bit 'billy no mates' if I self-catered! Embarassed

I keep hoping that a TO will start going there, I'm determined to get back there one day and see if that wretched blue that scared me to death at the time looks like a breeze now! Evil or Very Mad The link was due to open the season following my trip... another reason to get back there!

Thanks again!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its snowing in the southern alps now snowHead and looking promising for the pyrenees any oop north yet wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, we've had some promising high cirrus all day.... fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, let us all know when it starts please Smile I am off to Meribel later this month so my focus is slightly north of Puy Saint Vincent at the moment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hedley, just ventured down stairs and the drive way has about an inch on it,

lots and lots due tonight!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowangel., good news ,the Briancon area seems to have had the best of the January snow again Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hedley, I think it started around 1 am - after I went to bed, anyway. Nice snow, light and powdery, not heroic amounts - about what was forecast, I'd say (14cm) but still coming down gently. Just some toast and coffee now, and I'll be out to see what it's like....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Started about 3 am here, about 30 cm (??) so far and still falling ....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A foot of snow so far here in Les Gets, meant to continue till lunchtime.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Good news Very Happy for everyone.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowzebra, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead Great news as well Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It started snowing after 2am in Tignes, and still coming down, up to about mid calf, very nice light powder. Very Happy

More snow forecast for Tuesday / Wednesday snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
looking at a few webcams I think it's snowing pretty much everywhere, and heavily too! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the welcome boredsurfin. Currently resident in Les Gets and will try to answer any on the spot questions. Still snowing heavily. looks great, off outdoors now!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi snowzebra, any advice on places to go/avoid in Les Gets? (We're coming out at the weekend snowHead )
snow report
jab10001, you will be pleased to hear that it has been snowing again here in Les Gets since mid afternoon. Conditions are good, with plenty of powder off piste, and most pistes pretty good, though the ice is coming through again in patches round any bumps, so we could do with even more snow..very few people around today, empty pistes. Places we like on the mountain are: Lhottys, top of Nauchets lift, Rossetaz, near top of Rosta, just off right of the blue run, and the self service below the Yeti at Chavannes is surprisingly good and great value for a quick stop between ski lessons. In the evening, The Pic, near the bottom of Mont Chery bubble, is where the English congregate, and has a good vibe and good food. Feel free to ask anything else nearer the time.. I think we've gone off topic here so maybe we will be shunted off somewhere else??!!
snow conditions
snowzebra,
Hi, we are due out on 30th, would love to hear reports from you nearer the time to see how/not the rain has affected the lower slopes. I've only skied Les Gets once and loved it, other couple of times last year cos of conditions it made sense to stay around Avoriaz but this time I really want to ski Morzine and Les Gets.

Why don't you comment on the Avoriaz,Morzine,Les Gets,Chatel thread? I'm sure you'd have lots of interest there.
snow conditions
snowing heavily in serre che, over a foot alraedy and more heavy snow tomorrow night too
snow conditions
Hi SP1R1T, will post on the AMLC thread shortly, hopefully with good news...
snow report
Thanks snowzebra, will keep watching for the rest of the week....
latest report
DUMP
ski holidays
yes last nighta and the night before, cant tell if its still snowing have to get out of bed for that
snow conditions
Yes, a reasonable fall last night, not what I'd call a dump. But whiteout this morning. Heavy rain forecast to quite high altitude (around 1800m tomorrow).
snow conditions
Overnight snow in Morgins, still snowing now (Tuesday).
latest report
Just checked the official Meteo France snow measure - 15cms last night, snowing very lightly now. Vis miserable; no rush for the first lift!
snow report
New snow in the 3V!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy