Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LEs Gets Easter Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I just found out we are going to Les Gets late march (easter holidays) rather than early March.

Will there still be good snow at this time?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
statistically it is less likely, obviously, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people who have had good snow in Les Gets in late March. Personally, I went three times, always early, cheapest, darkest, January. One time enough snow, one time not too good, one time so much we almost drowned and it was arctic weather.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam!

Anyone been at Easter?

Was it good?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was there second half of March this year (stayed in Morzine).

Loads of snow when I went. On arrival everything was green and depressing, then the heavens opened with a huge dump on our second night. Actually too much powder for my liking most of the week Laughing

That was this year - a bad year. I guess we were very lucky!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, I'm getting nervous I really do hope theres snow!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have been second week March (fantastic bumper year) and end March. When we drove into the village late March it was very green on the Mont Chery side but have to say that we had a great week skiing despite some very heavy rain as there was a good base down that year. Despite last season when it was very dodgy on & off particularly just before New Year & January, we called in for a few days in the second week of April expecting to have a few days walking after a week in Flaine - we had a superb couple of days skiing with much of the resort still open!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's worth it for the big bowl up the top of Les Gets, there's about 10 pistes all coming into the centre of it, to 4-5 big lifts. It appeared to me to be perfectly shaped to hold onto the snowstorms and give a good chance of lots of fresh stuff. Should be alright for 2008!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I too am off to Les Gets at Easter - hope there's some white stuff or my daughter will give me grief
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies, I am not 'as' worried now. lol.

and I might see you there then half hand! Lets hope theres snow!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Gets is a little low lying for that time of year.... and another issue is that if the snow is thin you've not got many options unless you can get a lift round to the gondola that links in with Avoriaz/PDS - and that's quite a trip....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A friend of mine and their kids went last easter which I think was early April and was very sunny and warm and was on the back of a generally poor year .... However, they still had a great weeks skiing. Don't be worried it's all a fantastic area with lots of options.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Les Gets is low but the village slopes are grass rather than rocks so you don't need much snow cover to enable skiing. There is extensive snow cannon coverage as well. You could ski to the village in the last week of March & 1st week April this year.

I wouldn't worry.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy