Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

X-Country Skiing in Banff/Canmore

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried x-country in Banff area. I am interested in doing a day of x-country, I looked into it last year, apparently there is an olympic training venue in Canmore.

What I was really looking for was a package deal, you know the thin, pick you up at the hotel, dump you in the woods, supply all the kit and some basic instruction. Didn't really find anything suitable last year. Getting to Canmore without a car would be a bit of a pain.

Anyone done x-country skiing there, anyone found any easy way to do it.

Solarfish, What is the Canmore Centre like, have you tried it ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevev wrote:
Solarfish, What is the Canmore Centre like, have you tried it ?

Far too energetic for me I'm afraid, but I know the centre is supposed to be superb, I think I'm right in saying it is still the training venue for the Canadian team. I'm not sure that getting to Canmore without a car would be that difficult, there is a bus service, lots of people hitch and I can't imagine a taxi would be out of the question if you have a few people to share the cost. I would try contacting the rental shops as they certainly do packages for all the kit and I bet they know people who arrange excursions. Final option might be contacting the concierge of one of the bigger hotels in the area, they usually have leaflets on all those sort of things. I will keep my eye out when I'm in town next and pick up any information I can.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for that, am having a few problems finding the Canmore nordic centre site on Google, lots of links appearing but non for the centres own site.

the e-mail I tohught I found also got rejected so still hunting.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://tprc.alberta.ca/parks/kananaskis/parks_canmore.asp
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy