Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski challenge 2008 on 4th December

Poster: A snowHead
I read on the official site that you should only jump 20m on that first jump, which I can do occasionally, you have to hit space at the first line in the snow.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, use it on as many jumps as possible. It's a bit tricky to coordinate that and turning sometimes, but gives you more speed...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive got the first jump down to 14 m, i lose it after the few sharp turns 2/3;s throo/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My problem is when I go over the first bump I have an overwhelming urge to sit down.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just worked out how to jump rolling eyes I've knocked 2 seconds off my time Very Happy First jump is possible without the jump counter appearing at all I've only done that once though
Also last jump 0 distance Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Billy M, I've studied how he does it in "video mode" where you can watch anyones ghost. It seems to default to the views from static cameras along the route but if you press "C" you can switch to a camera following closely behind the ghost and then watch how he tackles the bends.

Basically he seems to switch briefly from squat (up arrow) to brakes (down arrow) through almost every gate. This manoevre seems almost impossible using the default keyboard setup using the up/down and left/right keys one handed so I'm guessing some people have chosen different keys for two handed operation or else somehow used a gamepad or something. Of course it could be just me lacking the co-ordination to manipulate the 4 keys with 3 fingers.

yes its very addictive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
II, am I doing something wrong here. Whenever I use the spacebar to shorten my jumps, I always land well behind my own ghost in training mode and after several jumps I'm well behind myself if that makes sense, meaning I must be losing speed not gaining it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hugh Jarse, Yes you can watch him doing his ridiculously fast run in Video Mode, but you can also have his ghost showing while you are skiing the run, so you can try and chase him!!! Go into Ghost settings and set it to Best Time (or something like that).

Yeah, as you say he tends to start his turns in the tuck, then stand up to tighten the turn the required amount. Also the jump squashing does work, but it takes good timing - you need to press it earlier than you'd think and hold it all the way through the jump (I think), you can still turn while you're doing it. All a bit tricky to coordinate all these things and get 1 good run all the way down - I've certainly not managed it yet!!

I think as of today the race is open, so all that has gone before in training/qualifying counts for nothing, time to get racing people!!! And in a few days we'll have a new course to try...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hugh Jarse, are you keeping in tuck while jumping? and some jumps you have to take off well before the crest
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and the race is a snowy one.....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
no-i don't want you to be better than me! im off out xmas shopping now-after 9 hours in the office soo i may have a look when i get back!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
whahey I'm second (can't see that lasting long....)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, Yeah, after all that effort working out the best skis for sunshine, got to do it all again now it's snowing...

Seems lots of speed and small amount of carve/grip is in order...

Still 5 secs off the leaders though!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yeh Billy, I'm at 70% ski speed I think and still managing to turn ok!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Got the first jump down to 0m !! Never even left the snow Smile Unfortunately every time i do that i tend to stuff it somewhere so cant get a decent time Shocked The guy thats infront is well quick tho Cool
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
yeh Billy, I'm at 70% ski speed I think and still managing to turn ok!!

70%?

I am running at 83% speed, 2% grip, 15% carve.

I''m managing to turn OK, but I keep making mistakes in the last coiple of main bends before the turn into the fnal gliding section.
snow report
can you add me please Happy usrname stephenfrench902

wink
ski holidays
StephenFrench wrote:
can you add me please Happy usrname stephenfrench902

wink

done! Gonna be delays on any new requests from tonight onwards folks so please be patient Smile
snow report
So, that was Val Gardena - now teh circus moves on to Bormio.
Next time you start the game let it download the update, then you'll have a new track to go at.

12 days practice to go folks Very Happy
snow report
It is a very different course, and I don't think the same ski settings are going to work wink

Having said which, I have already managed a faster run than my best was at Val Gardena. And that was with mistakes all over the place, using skis only slightly tweaked from the "classic" setting.
snow report
I'm finding this course really hard, I'm stuggling to see where the small jumps are so can't flatten them and end up flying off, I'm also struggling to judge the apex of the bends so am all over the place. That said getting the required time was easy even on begginers skis.
ski holidays
Swirly, does the required time change as more people race the course? On the Val Gardena course, I qualified early on, but then when I came to race it told me I hadn't got the required time. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the goalposts moved?
latest report
Elizabeth B, I didn't think so. Do you have to get the time in the same conditions the race is held in?
ski holidays
Swirly, no, because I originally qualified in snowy conditions, but then when it wouldn't let me race went for the blue sky option.
snow report
Elizabeth B, strange.
ski holidays
I think maybe it's got bugs. I've not read anything about the qualification times changing, or having to do it in all conditions. I only qualified in the sun last time round and it let me race in the snow - that's maybe why I then had no idea what I was doing when it came to racing in the snow!!

I noticed when it downloaded the new course the other day, it also downloaded a patch - maybe they're slowly sorting out the bugs you mentioned.

Good course the new one, isn't it? Looking forward to Kitzbuhel and Wengen though...
latest report
1 week 'til raceday 2 Very Happy
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, you've been practicing rolling eyes snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy I've been ski testing and settled on 30/30/40 for now, but it's line errors that are holding me back at the moment.
ski holidays
im just bored of this game now, think i just kicked the balls out it!
latest report
Can I join this little elite club please? Blush

Userame: skisimon
ski holidays
The race is on...

Finishes 9pm Sunday.
snow report
Missed it due to having no internet over the weekend.
snow report
Wengen .... What a tough course!!
ski holidays
dk100, ain't it just Very Happy I think my skis keep pre-releasing Shocked they do it everytime I hit that damn fence
snow conditions
Haven't got down it yet Embarassed
latest report
I though I'd find it easy as I know the run well.........WRONG!!
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, Same here... i thought I knew the course Wink
snow report
This game seems to have become a bit forgotten these days, but if anyone still fancies it the Wengen race is on until Sunday evening.

Then comes Kitzbuhel...
snow conditions
It's not forgotten on this laptop Billy M, Very Happy I shall be launching into the race proper later on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy