Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Völkl Tigershark

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife has got a bee in her bonnet about these . I think mainly because she thinks they look good and the advert is cool. Anyway, given that she is an expert skier, does anyone have any experience yet with Tigersharks? She likes high speed piste cruising, but we also spend most of our time in the off piste, so I'm not quite sure that these are the right thing. I tried to talk her into getting some Karmas last year but she didn't like the colour rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gimmick IMO. Didn't try them myself at the mondial but others did and the switch between soft and hard seemed to be ridiculously easy to flip leading me to the conclusion that many people would accidently end up skiing with one soft one hard. Proper GS or SL skis if she's really all abouthigh speed pistes??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I haven't tried them but my feeling that skis get too much of a bashing to have anything 'flick' into another mode inadverently.

Dynastar Legend Power Pluses get good reviews all round, I think
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Lawrie, The advert is cool - esp. the chap in it wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike Lawrie, tried them at the PSB and as fatbob says the switch was far too easy to move. Having said that they were great skis for on piste carving and I think they are also available at a lower cost without the switch?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Mike Lawrie, tried them at the PSB and as fatbob says the switch was far too easy to move. Having said that they were great skis for on piste carving and I think they are also available at a lower cost without the switch?

The switch is supposed to be easy to move! Have you seen the effect on the rods throughout the ski it has?

If you put them in your hand on soft and flick the "no effort" switch you can genuinely feel the difference on piste and in store. The switch is easy because the rods only need to travel up the ski by a few millimetres to change the flex of the ski-Anymore and(imo) they would be like iron bars under your feet!

Volkl advertise that it changes the flex by 11%, a substantial increase, particularly if you are sensitive to flex changes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
letitsnow on the pair i tried at the psb the switch was so loose it was virtually swivelling around by itself which to my mind is far too loose

i agree that you can easily feel the difference but you may not want the skis to change from one setting to another by themselves!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You say your wife likes skiing off-piste, these are very narrow-waisted skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roger C wrote:

Well we went down to Sport Conrad this afternoon, to take a look, and came away with... a pair of Tigersharks Very Happy I took the ones without the switch; + €300 for something that she would almost certainly never adjust just seemed too much. Anyway, they do look cool. If I hadn't just bought a pair of Mantras last season then I might have splashed out for myself as well...
We're going skiing in Lech on Tuesday. Maye I'll hire a pair, just to try of course rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alexandra, Up till now we have always skied on long and skinnies. She was on a pair of Voelkl P30 race carvers (185cm) for the last eight years, so these are absolutely obese in comparison Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My friend wrote a review of Tigersharks in my blog. Sorry for this spam, but this could be helpful for Mike Lawrie:
http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/19/volkl-0708-ski-review-series-part-iii-volkl-tigershark-10-ft-power-switch

He wrote also three other Volkl review. Could can find them in the archives.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
like Roger C says tried these at PSB thought they were good not sure about the switch at the back and how much differance it made, but good ski's all the same snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've been in Lech over the last few days, me on my Karmas and my wife on the Tigersharks. Both are outstanding skis in powder , heavy powder and broken crust. She tends to leave me standing on the hard pistes though Sad Shes pleased as cheese with the skis (without the adjustment). Recommended Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy