Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
more of a generic question than anything..

I have some Rossi rental boots I got dirt cheap. The right boot is perfect, but the left has what I perceive as issues. Let me explain..

I do alot of balance exercises in my boots while playing games online. It really helps out my balance, since I play on one foot at a time. Last year I didn't really notice anything, but my turns to the right ended with face plants. Left turns were perfect. My ski guru thought maybe my left leg was weak..

So fast forward to today. I'm wearing my boots around and doing balance exercises on each leg. Sure enough I can stand forever on my right leg in the boots, but on my left it feels like the insole is worn out. I have no sense of balance. Thats got to be why my turns are so bad that direction. It feels like my foot leans to the insole - like the whole boot does

So I guess the big question is do I keep these rental boots and get them fixed, or spend money on better ones. Spend limits are in the $200 range. Is it possible to fix this kind of prob?

btw.. both boots are worn equally. And they feel great even after hours of skiing. If they can be fixed thats my preference
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RoboGeek wrote:

So fast forward to today. I'm wearing my boots around and doing balance exercises on each leg. Sure enough I can stand forever on my right leg in the boots, but on my left it feels like the insole is worn out. I have no sense of balance. Thats got to be why my turns are so bad that direction. It feels like my foot leans to the insole - like the whole boot does

Describe this again, please, with different words? I have a quite unlikely but rather dramatic picture based on the ones you did use.

With a $200 limit a one-on-one in-person pro assessment of your current shells is probably your best bet. I suspect part of that assessment might include a closer examination of the bolts and rivets just to make sure everything is still connected.

How's that left foot balance when no buckles are buckled?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It could also be because you have less general coordination in the left side of you body. How is you say tennis playing right to left handed or your balance without ski boots on from right to left foot.

On top of this what is you muscle build between left and right side of the body as this can also explain why you turn better one way to t'other.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ok.. it feels like my right foot is flat in the boot. The left feels like its slanted towards the insole. So I can stand on the right leg with no effort, while on the left I have to work pretty hard to stay level, leaning over the leg much more than the other side. It actually feels like I'm standing on a slanted floor. The fit is real good, its comfortable, but it feels like I'm leaning. Just to satisfy my curiosity I'm going to swap liners to see what happens. These boots aren't really worth any money or effort - its more of a curiousity question as to how and why it could feel like that.

btw.. balance in street shoes is perfect - I can stand on either leg for hours if needed. And I don't have a weak leg.. but I did have a rookie instructor last year who made that comment. My turning issues are because I ski like poop still.. lol
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RoboGeek wrote:
ok.. it feels like my right foot is flat in the boot. The left feels like its slanted towards the insole. So I can stand on the right leg with no effort, while on the left I have to work pretty hard to stay level, leaning over the leg much more than the other side. It actually feels like I'm standing on a slanted floor. The fit is real good, its comfortable, but it feels like I'm leaning. Just to satisfy my curiosity I'm going to swap liners to see what happens. These boots aren't really worth any money or effort - its more of a curiousity question as to how and why it could feel like that.

btw.. balance in street shoes is perfect - I can stand on either leg for hours if needed. And I don't have a weak leg.. but I did have a rookie instructor last year who made that comment. My turning issues are because I ski like poop still.. lol

I suspect you mean something other than 'insole'. 'Insole' for me means the thing inside the liner, which you stand on. (ie the footbed). Do you mean 'instep' - the inside (big toe side) of the boot?

Quote:
I'm going to swap liners

with another pair of boots I assume.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you won't believe what I found....

I knew it felt funny. The liner looked fine, and felt fine putting it on alone. Stuck my foot in the boot and it felt sticky. So I got a light and did an inspection. Well hidden, from about the middle section of the boot fwd was some black electrical tape. I grabbed a loose spot and pulled. About a 2 inch by 5 inch patched area came up - with about 5 layers of newspaper underneath!

Somebody must have rented them, and modified them for their feet. I removed it all, cleaned it, adjusted the straps and sure enough they are perfect now. I can balance perfect on my left foot in the boots, and now I'm even more excited to try them out tues-wed!

Oh well.. can't complain - the boots cost me a whopping $15. (said the cheapskate)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy