Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The abuse your fellow boarders thread !

Poster: A snowHead
DebbiDoesSnow, when I say school I mean as in school of biological sciences.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swirly, my head just went bang... too much intelligence in one sentence.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm
going outside

I may be
sometime

I'm going for a fag Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dobz, i fell off the wagon Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well it's a loud hello from Tignes! NehNeh Toofy Grin Conditions are stunning and I haven't seen a cloud for the last three days. Plus... there's no-one on the slopes! Lots of space to pound down blues. I've even been into the mogul fields today for some jumpsy trickery. Seriously (in my best Whitegold accent): Christmas is for losers. Get out here asap. Madeye-Smiley Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
saxabar, whoooo sounds wicked! Enjoy and hit some powder for me snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Dobz, i fell off the wagon Embarassed

Oh dear!

Have you tried gum/patches/lozengers? I have some Nicorette gum which I chomp on at work. It sort of works and keeps the craving at bay enough for me to concentrate on my work until I can get outside for a puff Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saxabar, As this is an "Abuse your fellow boarders" thread - I hope a plague of pythons parades on your pistes Twisted Evil

Jealous? Moi? Nah

Have fun Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saxabar, enjoy. Going green
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
saxabar, seconded - have a fantastic time snowHead

(still can't believe how lucky Europe's been with the snow this year - remember what it was like this time last year? Shocked )
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Damn you lot are a bunch of girls !!! wheres the Christmas banter ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's akl the talk of snow, and I don't want to say anything nasty or he might use it all up!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swirly, good point, he might stuff it in his case and take it home with him Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Damn you lot are a bunch of girls !!! wheres the Christmas banter ?

my excuse is the same one again - boozy lunch *hic*

c'mon then you bunsh of sodsh..... I love Chrishmusssss
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snojito, you LUSH, thats twice in one week !!!
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, that'sh MISHTER shnojito to you... Madeye-Smiley

I think it must be something to do with the approaching festive season. Suddenly all our normally serious meetings seem to be ending (and in some cases starting) in the pub. Not that I'm complaining of course. It's just that it'll make January all the more of a shock to the system Shocked
snow report
snojito, When I worked in central London it was like that, now I'm in the 'burbs it couldnt be more opposite!
We got an email earlier from HR saying Merry Christmas - you can wear jeans on Christmas Eve & New Years eve ..... whooooooo ! how more exciting can you get.... still tomorro is definately a 2hour pub lunch to get in the spirit Razz
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, it is caled 'black Friday' here - last working Friday before Christmas, everyone knocks off work at 1 pm, goes to Wind Street (biggest p$ss up strip in the world Very Happy), stands in queues to get in to most pubs, gets totally bladdered and eventually manages to get a cab at 4 am, in the rain, in a T-shirt Very Happy can not wait Very Happy
latest report
rayscoops, reckon it might be a bit like that here tomorrow as well. I take it from your "here" that you're back safely from Verbier? how wuz it?
ski holidays
snojito, it was great

this is where i got lost one day Very Happy
latest report
rayscoops, OMG
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
rayscoops, OMG
that is what I said a few times myself it was a mile of that or a mile of a flat track or so it seemed
snow conditions
rayscoops wrote:
it was a mile of that or a mile of a flat track
not one of life's tougher decisions then wink

how long did you have to spend mulling that one over?
snow report
rayscoops, I would kill to be at that spot right now NehNeh
latest report
snojito, I had just boarded down what I call 'the moguls from hell', an ski route on the way to Tortin that is really steep with huge moguls and lots of falling skiers to avoid. Having just completed this I stopped at the beginning of the flat run which went to the left, looked down the slope into an undulating bowl/ridge type area in front of me, listened to two youths with their father (skiers) who also had the same idea, let them go first, then headed off, decision making time - 10 seconds, mobilisation - 90 seconds to try to see the best line as there were only a few tracks Very Happy I had done this route before, sort of, but not in powder and I had done some of the flat track before for a bit, but thought 'sod it - it must end up somewhere sensible' and headed off the track. This time I just thought 'sod it - it must end up somewhere sensible', which it sort of did Very Happy

This one below is the view from the gondola on the way back, crap resolution but you get the idea .......... Very Happy

snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow,

just for you, (crap photo quality but I have now increased the size/sensitivity of my phone camera)

this area is in between two blues that start at the same place and finish at the same place, bit like an island of pow really Very Happy this is where a lot of the avalanche training was going on and was up to my knees

this was tracked but you could still get some good lines and it was still soft ......... and all mine Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 21-12-07 14:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
rayscoops, stupid work IT people have blocked mediazone recently so I can't be jealous until I get home Laughing
latest report
I'm drunk, yes it's midday, no I've not had anything since I woke up. This isn't your normal post pary drunkenness this is 15 pints completly off your tits drunkenness. and I have to go christmas shopping in a bit
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, if it helps in the slightest I am proud of you. Keep up the good work. Very Happy
snow report
snojito, I really don't care anymore, the tales from the last two nights are epic
latest report
Swirly, the last two nights? was one of those the night when you were going to be drinking sensibly in front of the academics..? wink
snow report
snojito, yeah it wasn't me though I wish I'd stayed out that night; it was the dirty oldwomen from accounts
latest report
Swirly, those old birds from the accounts - the same the world over - you have to watch yourself with them Very Happy
snow report
rayscoops, to be honest part of me's glad I wasn't there cos I'd have done something I'd regret.

OTOH part of me wishes I was there so I did somthing I'd regret
snow report
rayscoopspowder, Excellent - having a run all to yourself Very Happy
snow conditions
Swirly, I bet it all involved the one in accounts that had glasses and a large chest (lady that is), btw never regret anything, just deny it ever happened Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, yeah and a husband and 3 kids, anyway I went home early that night. The most traumatic thing just happened though, I went to finish my shopping and in that time all tjhe labs shut for christmas and when |I got back the building was locked and I was stuck outside with a boots bag and a chicken kebab.
ski holidays
Swirly, sounds like you have had a wicked 2 days !! proper christmas build up Razz

Our 2 hour lunch was soooooo dry. 1 Tia Maria and a glass of wine and its back to work with just the view of Sainsburys car park to enjoy.
ski holidays
hee hee -- third boozy lunch of the week and only another hour and a half til we hit the pubs for good, and then it's a fond farewell to sobriety for 2007.....
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, where do you work, at the Jehovas witnesses? Got to love Sainsburys carpark though. 5 cups of tea and a kebab have got me close to sober all I need now is some sleep. I remember getting in this morning and putting the TV on and BBC breakfast was starting, I fell asleep and woke up as it ended with some guy rapping silent night Confused
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy