Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The abuse your fellow boarders thread !

Poster: A snowHead
Its Friday, I'm bored, its too quiet in here & BZKs had ground to a halt!!!

Lets have some light hearted banter... YOUR MUM is so ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm too tired for insults.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DebbiDoesSnow, it's a valiant start. MY MUM is.... coming to stay this weekend, and we're thinking of some nice lunches, perhaps a museum and maybe a Vietnamese one evening.

What's yours up to?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snojito.. not quite the direction i was aiming for... more like YOUR MUM is so fat she has to pay for 2 seats on plane kinda thing Laughing

But seeing as you started nicely ... My Mum is helping helping Santa this weekend on his pre-xmas warm up in Cyprus !

Swirly, why are you tired & grumpy ?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 30-11-07 15:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not grumpy, just had a lot to drink last night including some Romanian plum brandy that I could still taste this morning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, sounds like stonking hangover material to me !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow, I'm not hungover (surprisingly) just knackered and I feel like I've been punched in the chest. Supposed to be climbing later too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly, I drunk black Absyinthe once. Never again ! It ripped my throat to shreds and I ended up with nasty chestikov .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DebbiDoesSnow, this was actually a wine tasting (drinking really) but there was a bottle of that stuff there too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DebbiDoesSnow, Swirly, are either of you familiar with stuff called Unicum? It's Hungarian in origin (I think), and it is a ferocious little beggar of a drink. For a tastebud-bewildering experience I'd recommend that; for swift merry oblivion I'd vote for a French Eau de Vie (possibly pear) -- that stuff actually blinds you with just its fumes; and finally, for stripping paint (or throats) I'd go with one- or three-star Greek metaxa....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snojito wrote:
Unicum?

Something you want to tell us?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swirly wrote:
snojito wrote:
Unicum?

Something you want to tell us?
Shocked Laughing

It's certainly a worrying name for a worrying drink, but in reality... no, it's not the kind of stuff Bobby from Dungeons and Dragons might have unsettling dreams about, nor is there any Freudian message in there - it's real stuff, honest.

(it's also black and syrupy, which *hopefully* should allay any lingering doubts?) Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snojito, sounds intriguing ! Swirly, I wonder if they sell it in Tignes ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, I was just trying to find anywhere round here that sells it! Can't wait for Tignes 49 days.

This isn't very abusive though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swirly, you're right, not very abusive at all. But to be fair it does seem to be only the three of us here at the mo, and I'd feel almost disloyal being rude to you or DebbiDoesSnow.

Maybe it's just a newbie thing -- d'you think it's something I'll get over after another 1500-or-so posts?

p.s. be extremely careful asking for Unicum in foreign countries. As you've observed, the potential for misunderstanding is significant and can have disastrous consequences.
snow conditions
It's definitely real. I avoided it simply because it looked to me like Victorian medicine, but various friends swore by it (while they were drunk as skunks, mind)
ski holidays
Shallimus, there's a lot to be said for Victorian medicine.... 'specially Queen Victoria Herself's favourite, if you get me wink
snow report
Meh, I somehow doubt it would help snowboarding... although it might make you think you were better (and brag about it loudly Wink )
ski holidays
I think we all do that anyway... well maybe some more than others Razz
latest report
I'm just so freakin' excited about getting out on the mountain again... and all I've had today is coffee, honest! NehNeh

Anyone been to Canada have any thoughts about good/bad resorts for us boarding types?
snow report
Shallimus, not been, but every year saying I'm going, but have tightwad friends Crying or Very sad
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, same as that -- it always gets talked about, but so far we've ended up picking Europe every time. I think it's partly a value-for-money thing -- if you want seven or eight days on the snow in Canada you're looking at longer travel times, more holiday used up, etc etc Sad

Shallimus, not been yet but love the look of Whistler or Banff / Lake Louise. Oh for infinitely deep pockets and no job.... when are you off to VT?
snow conditions
some good footage
here
snow report
Shallimus, whistler was great, the bowls - Symphony, heaven, harmony etc are like off piste but legal Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, I think we need to abuse you as you are away having fun in the snow .... b@st@rd Twisted Evil
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSainsburys, how did you change your name?
ski holidays
stab, Santa did it for a free dvd wink
latest report
chuck him another one and get me changed to Herr Baron Von Stabmeister Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, just PM admin, it was done in a few hours... splendid service I thought

thats a cool name tho ... She Baroness Von Stabmasterbater
snow report
Val Thorens trip begins for me on the 12th Jan... Canada is still in the "pre-planning" stage - i.e. we've committed to the idea, but haven't thrown any money at the problem yet (so remains to be seen what happens)
ski holidays
you are all computor nerd pen pusher boarders who need to get out of some snow Very Happy

just noticed nothing happening on here so decided to issue some general abuse Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, and your a work shy, bragging, computer nerd boarder Razz
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, gee whizz thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops - I've been looking for the last four hours and I still can't find a suitable word to convey the exact mix of envy, frustration and vicarious optimistic delight your posts have been causing, so instead:

"your mum's so fat that...." when she goes skiing she has to wear black-and-yellow chequered flags. NehNeh

(and you're right, we do all seriously need some snow)
ski holidays
[ RANT ALERT ]

To say i'm gutted is an understatement. Got blown out a month ago by a couple who we were going to go away with at New Year, then my other mate who ALWAYS goes away at New year (said we could crash with them) has just emailed me to say he isnt going this year cos its gonna be TOO COLD !! There are no reasonable deals left for New Year now, I just wish people could be upfront and had say no months ago Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

What is wrong with people ??? My friends are all gay.

Majorly Pi$$ed of West of London
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, that is tough - go kick them Sad , I have stopped relying on non compulsive skiers/boarders for exactly the the same reason - they tend to whimp out for silly reasons
just book a flight to Grenoble, go to L2A on your own, check in at Lutins and there will probably be loads of snowheads passing through. Very Happy
snow report
rayscoops, was supposed to be going to LDA anyway with the other couple, but they decided to go for xmas instead cos its cheaper but we can't. The gear is nearly all packed anyway so will be keeping an eye out for last minute deals. Just does my head in. Its not the same at new year without mates.
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, that really sucks, hope you get something sorted. Get them on here so we can abuse them for being weak.
snow report
Swirly, Don't worry I have abused the latest one for swapping 'POWDER - The Holy Grail' for a nice cosy warm 'sit outside for hot chocolate' experience.
snow report
Sheesh, we boarders really are a docile bunch of pot-smoking hippies! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy